11 Apps All College Students Will Find Insanely Helpful

Might as well make that screen-time helpful to school!

103

Your phone is great for checking social media, taking pictures with friends, and listening to music. But with these apps, you can make your college life easier!

1. Google Drive/Docs

These are handy for making quick changes from your phone.

2. Target

Use the cartwheel function to find all kinds of savings on items when you stock up on snacks and necessities. It helps cut down your total immensely, and makes you feel less guilty for buying those late-night binge snacks.

3. A Coffee Shop App

Whether you're a Starbucks sucker, a Dunkin' Donuts fanatic, or a Coffee Bean lover, download the corresponding app. Each purchase gets you points that eventually get you a free drink. You'll also learn about special sales without pesky emails cluttering your inbox!

4. Netflix

This is great for when you have extra time between classes but don't want to lug your laptop along

5. A Password App

I recommend using 1Password. The app can hold all your logins and secure notes. You'll never have to call Mom and Dad again to get your Social Security number.

6. GroupMe

GroupMe is handy for group chats when not all members have the same phone type (it will happen. A lot.). GroupMe can be checked in a web browser, so you don't have to go back and forth between your laptop and phone when working on that group project.

7. Blackboard

If your school uses Blackboard as their homework platform, the app is a must. You won't waste time opening a tab on your phone and logging in. Because who wants to spend extra time trying to see if the professor uploaded a "class cancelled" announcement?

8. Uber/Lyft

Do NOT drink and drive.

9. A Food Ordering App

GrubHub, Postmates, take your pick. The price is worth breaking the monotony of dining hall food.

10. Quizlet

Quizlet is a great study tool. You enter the information that's on the test, and Quizlet generates questions based off that. Think of it as a practice test. Now you'll do better on the exam worth a crazy amount of your grade!

11. Spotify

Thousands of songs, available for free. Or you can spend $4.99 per month to listen offline, have unlimited skips, and more. And right now, Spotify is doing a package deal with Hulu for students. Two services for $5? Yes, please.