The 10 Different People I Have Encountered On Tinder, From Ghosts To Relationships

It is 2019, we're all in college and for many different reasons we have all ended up creating a Tinder account at some point in our lives.

77

Here are a few things that I have encountered as I continue to swipe left and right for hours at least once a day.

"Here for a good time, not a long time." 

This is probably the most popular Tinder bio there is out there, and for some reason mostly popular among the University Tinder profiles of many males. You read it at first and you probably relate to it, yes we are here for a good time cruising to life and we probably have no idea how short or how long it is. You swipe right and you automatically match with them, it's all going great until they're asking you to "come over" at 2 am on a Tuesday night. *Unmatch* you click, so heads up the "here for a good time, not a long time" population are literally just looking for "a good time"

The Snapchat friends that become Snapchat strangers after being added. 

The conversation on Tinder was just so great so you two decided to finally add each other on Snapchat. You're not going to give your digits to some random guy for sure, and you want to verify if they're "catfish" or not. Either of you perhaps forgets to reply on Tinder or for many other reasons but the three-step after matching with someone is to head towards some sort of social media friendship. You probably text for a few hours, flash forward to a couple of days, then days become weeks, then weeks become months and they're just there. Although, this is from personal experience or maybe I'm just cursed with this whole Tinder experience.

The Snapchat streaks.

This is the continuation of the second thing that Tinder taught me, but for some reason, Tinder matches just become Snapchat streaks. Literally sending the word "streaks" back and forth on a daily basis.

The "looking for something serious" population. 

I truly belong here, in fact after learning more about these Tinder people at some point I changed my bio to this. This is literally the clearest message to give to these people out there. Although we feel like we are normal, this is perhaps the most ANNOYING population on Tinder as well. You literally haven't event met in person yet, or know their last name and they are treating you like they want to marry you because you are their soulmate or something.

The ghost new matches.

You swipe left and right and your matches are probably a higher number than your actual messages since for some reason these people are just way too cool to either notify you or text you back. These are called the Ghost New Matches because they're just ghosts.

The fake profiles, with "hmu to find out".

Every once in a swipe we encounter the fake profiles which we categorize as fake because they have a random picture and only one. For your own safety, please swipe left on these.

The "looking for a third..." accounts. 

These are probably the weirdest profiles I have ever encountered on Tinder, like no thanks. This is a zero judgment zone, but I personally think these are weird, especially when they are acquaintances which will bring us to the next lesson.

The college matches you later see around campus. 

There's nothing more awkward than walking to the dining hall, to a class, or to any other public place around campus and you encounter them. "They look familiar" you whisper to yourself, yup it's them.

The date that turns into a blocked account. 

I've had many different types of Tinder dates, but there's nothing worse than coming home and having to block them because they just aren't your type or they are horrible people. I do advice you to meet at a public place as your first encounter, you guys met on the internet after all. The worst date I've had was meeting up with a Republican white male that just wouldn't cut it with a talk about politics.

The Tinder relationship.

Although this one hasn't happened to me personally I have a lot of friends in relationships that met their partners on Tinder. I question myself every day; "who are they matching with" or "where are they finding these matches at". Even my communications textbooks say that it is pretty possible to find a successful relationship on a dating app.