7 Ways To Take A Break From Reality

7 Ways To Take A Break From Reality

A Little Break Never Hurts

2053
7 Ways To Take A Break From Reality

Every once in a while, it's imperative to take a break from reality, at least for a little while. You need to take a break from being caught up in your work, toxic relationships, and routine. You need to step back and embrace the mindless, simple activities that are so readily available to us.

1. Window Shopping

Drive to the nearest shopping plaza, park your car, and get ready to spend your day at the shops. You might end up turning that window shopping into real shopping if you find something you love and need to have. Regardless of whether you stick to the purpose of not spending any money, you will be distracting yourself for a few hours from the multitude of problems that are weighing you down.

2. Video Games

Video games take a bit of concentration, but you can do something wrong in the game and just restart the game. You can spend an entire day(s) playing your favorite games. My recommendation? Join the craze and play "Pokemon Go," but make sure your cell phone plan covers the data you will inevitably be using and be aware of your surroundings at all times.

3. TV Shows

Become completely obsessed with a new TV show and look forward to the weekly watching of the said show. Spontaneously watch season upon season of TV shows on Netflix. Before you know it, you will quickly find yourself sat in front of the TV with 36 hours of nonstop TV-watching. Don't get too carried away.

4. Movies

Like TV shows, movies are easy to become quickly consumed in. With TV shows, the benefit of the short timeout each episode works in your favor, making it easier for you to withdraw from watching than with movies. With movies, you are dedicating 2 or 3 hours of your time to watch the movie. You won't be able to watch as many movies in one sitting as you would TV shows.

5. Books

I know what you are thinking. Books are intellectually stimulating, so how can they be classified as a mindless activity.? Well, I'm talking about reading the books that are significantly below your comfortable reading level, the kind of books you can easily read in an hour or two. Yes, these books are still intellectually stimulating, but they require a lot less energy expense than reading a book of a higher level.

6. Cleaning

Whenever I'm in a mood that is not very okay, I like to clean. It allows me to get my mind off all my problems by forcing me to concentrate all my energy on what I'm cleaning. "Okay, dust here. Now vacuum the carpet. Now wash the dishes...." Not only does it distract you from your problems, cleaning is probably something on your to-do list that you are avoiding, and you will be killing two birds with one stone: knocking one thing off your to-do list and improving your mood.

7. Puzzles

My personal favorite. Like books, this provides a sort of intellectual challenge, but it is easy to get consumed in the jigsaw excitement. The process becomes something that you begin to look forward to. Sort of the pieces, edge pieces in one pile, inside pieces in another. Piece together the outside, piece together the inside, and soon enough, you see the whole picture