Some Summer Drama You May Have Missed (If You Live Under A Rock)

A quick rewind of some news you actually care about

18
vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net

As the summer starts to wind down, it's important to take some time to reflect on all of the news making important and groundbreaking headlines across the country from the past three months. With that being said, it is also just as important to reflect on the not-so-groundbreaking but still major pieces of drama that made it as headlines in the news and social media. Why? Because this is America and people care more about what the Kardashians are doing than what the economic state of our country is. So, without further ado, I present you with some recaps of the news you actually want to hear.

Kanye thinks him and Taylor might still have sex.

Well, not really- it was just a lyric. To make a long story short, in one of Kanye’s latest songs, Famous, he spits a line about Taylor Swift, which Taylor later claims to be so disrespectful. On the other hand, Kanye claimed that he asked Taylor’s permission and not only did she approve it, she said it was funny because he did indeed “make her famous.” Then, months later, when the feud is in full swing, Kim releases a video on Snapchat of the phone call between Kanye and Taylor (which did indeed happen) exposing Taylor to be a snake. Ssssssssscandalous!

Ryan Lochte may or may not have gotten robbed in Rio.

Actually, it turns out he wasn't. He was just having some drunken fun breaking into public bathrooms and got stopped by security officers. Considering faking being a cop is a common thing that natives do to tourists in a lot of countries, he wasn’t completely crazy for thinking he was robbed and held at gunpoint. This turned into headlines upon headlines, and long painful interviews where he apologizes to his fellow Olympians and the whole world. Yes, it may have been stupid, but no real damage was done. However, if you ask me, the real crime was his blue hair. Yikes.

Some hooligan climbed up a Trump Tower building in New York City.

Who is this hooligan you ask? Well, he is 17-years-old, a Trump fan, and he climbed up a building in New York using suction cups before police grabbed him and pulled him through a window. Why? Well, he claims all he wanted was some attention from Donald Trump. I guess if he’s one of those people who thinks that no attention is bad attention then he must be pretty happy because he was being live streamed all over the news. Along with all of that attention though, came a felony, which I'm sure really put a damper on things for him.

Trump stood naked in New York City (kind of).

Speaking of Donald Trump and the Big Apple, some artist made a naked statue of him and placed him in a New York City park. Although he was removed by police the same day, it was later discovered he was also “erect” in five other cities across the country. Although entertaining, this was quite a disturbing image that I don’t think I can ever un-see.

Gabby Douglas did not place her hand on her heart during the national anthem.

…and neither did a lot of other athletes, but the world only went crazy about poor Gabby. Besides the fact that her having her hand on her heart next to her teammates might have made a cuter picture, this is no sign of disrespect. Some people just simply stand there with their hands at their sides or behind their back- and how can you blame them? Taking one hand off of those exquisite little wooden sculptures greatly increases your odds of dropping it, which greatly increases your odds of it breaking, and that would be tragic! But seriously, she is a two-time Olympic gold medalist and clearly has a lot of pride in the USA.

Justin Bieber quit Instagram.

His fans freaked out, but in my opinion, he did us all a favor. Shortly after some Selena-Justin drama regarding comments about fans, Justin followed through on threats to delete his Gram. He claims there was too much “hate.” Really Justin? Did some 13-year-old boy commenting on your pictures “You get no bitches” really push you over the edge?

Harambe the gorilla is dead.

Do I even have to explain this one? I didn't think so.