Melania Trump's Nude Photos Confirm This Isn't About Politics

Now that the nominees have been decided, we can stop pretending that this race is about policy.

160
ABC via-Getty Images

The Republican National Convention turned out to confirm most democrat's worst fears about the upcoming election. For one, members of the Grand Old Party - now ironically named 'Great Opportunity Party' - is actually supporting Donald Trump (well, most), who showed up to give the longest acceptance speech in the past 40 years to the disturbing sight of a menacing (and possibly foreshadowing) silhouette of the next Republican presidential nominee. And two, the bigotry and vitriol that has often been associated with the Republican party for years now is most definitely still a dominant trait with the GOP.

The DNC was nothing short of a spectacle either. With The First Lady, Michelle Obama's, rousing speech, part of which claimed that slaves helped build The White House. Which of course they did. Bernie Sanders even got emotional as his brother cast his nomination vote in his honor. All in all, both conventions lived up to the show - and not the ethical debate of legislative intent and the governing of a nation's people - that politics has become, including serial lying, slander and misinformation (which falls under lying but there's a lot of it going on right now).

But wait, there's more!

The GOP candidate was not the only Trump at the RNC who made headway. Melania Trump's controversial, and eerily similar, speech caused an uproar that lead to claims of plagiarism and further slander of the potential FLOTUS. But wait, (you guessed it) there's more.

This past Sunday, nude photographs of Melania Trump were recirculated or even possibly leaked to the public. Of course, the New York Post - being the respectful and upstanding organization that it is - was quick and eager to broadcast the images.

Let's be clear here, before we go further. These images were professionally photographed. And they were so done in 1995, according to the NY Post. So naturally, this bears an incredible relevancy to the presidential election.

While this may be shocking to some, if not many, I do not think this hurts Trump's candidacy in the slightest. At least not legitimately. If anything, this is tabloid sensation that likely won't convince any large number of any demographic planning on voting for Trump to not and only pushes those against him further away from the party. And there are already rumors that Trump's campaign actually leaked the images of his wife. What's the opposite of a pivot? Whatever it is, Trump is doing so with a vigor, after having a rough couple of PR days, including harshly criticizing Colorado Springs' fire marshal - at a speech in Colorado Springs.

And furthermore, reception, at least from Republicans, will most likely be in the fashion of support and the encouragement of female empowerment. Ironic, yes I know. But with a more liberal and growing acceptance of women showing off their bodies, such as Kim Kardashian risque photo shoots, it seems this "scandal" if you're want to call it that will blow over with no more than a few uncomfortable responses from overly-conservative (and oppressive) republicans. And yes, I'm aware that Kim Kardashian is not a potential First Lady, unless you consider Kanye West's promises serious. And Melania Trump might not be qualified to be one either. But let's consider that Donald Trump, in any other presidential race (including 2012) is not experienced enough or even aware of serious, global happenings to be considered for candidacy, However, here we are. It's August and Donald Trump has been nominated, by his own party, to face-off against Hillary Clinton in a political shit-show that I can only assume it's drama and fictional mayhem will be worthy of a ninth episode in a Game of Thrones season.