5 Successful Tips That'll Guarantee A Second Date

Don't check out the waiter.

273
Instagram

They say first impressions are everything, If that's true you don't want to mess that up especially when you're going on a date. First dates are nerve-racking and you always have that gut feeling that you're going to say or do something wrong.

1. Be honest and real.

We all love boosting ourselves up and making ourselves seem better than the other options, but by doing so there tends to be little white lies thrown into the mix. Sooner or later the person you're on a date with will start to pick up on these white lies. Being yourself will allow you to never have to stress about how you said something and stop the snowball lies. No one is perfect and you don’t have to pretend your life is all together, we’re humans we have our flaws! Always remember to be your genuine self and smile. It’ll all work out if things get more serious if you start with honestly.

2. Don't talk about your ex.

The subject will come up eventually but don’t let that be the topic of the whole conversation on the first date. The first date is about you both learning about each other, not the flaws of your ex. You're an individual and your date wants to know who you are. Talking about your ex can make the other person feel insecure and cautious about being with you. This subject can also be uncomfortable to the other person and it can easily turn into a rant. Leaving you speaking most of the time and the other person bored. Leave the talk about your ex for when you both become a little more serious.

3. Don’t be on your phone.

One of the most annoying things to do on a first date is to be your phone the entire time. This makes it seem like you're not interested in hearing what the other person says. Ouch! You have to remember that you both took the time out of your schedule for this date, don’t waste it scrolling through people's stories. If you're going to be on your phone give a prior heads up to the person stating that you either have a family emergency or business and have to occasionally look at your phone. Other than that you should avoid using your phone during this date, unless you want to show them some of your favorite memes.

4. Don’t talk about people you would like to fuck.

Ladies and gentlemen do not, and I repeat do no talk about people you’d like to hook-up with on the first date. This includes checking out your waitress or someone in the setting of your first date. This it a pretty heartless move and makes the other person feel as if they're not good enough for your attention. Additionally this will make the other person judge your character. This will most likely not get you a second date.

5. Ask as many questions as you can.

Don’t be afraid to ask questions. After all the point of a first date is to get to know someone. Keep the questions interesting and throw in a few more deep questions to get a better understanding of who the person is!