5 Things To Enjoy About Late Night Study Sessions

5 Things to Enjoy About Late Night Study Sessions

Fun times, really.

257
https://www.pexels.com/photo/books-bookshelves-education-indoors-163662/

Who hasn't done it before, those late night study sessions where you're typing away at your laptop at one in the morning, hoping for it all to be over by two AM? I can say for a fact I've had my fair share of late night study sessions- the longest one going from midnight until 5:45 in the morning. We were studying in Driscoll Hall for the first two hours the night before my first final until it turned into a goofing off session for the next three hours. Even if I came back to my bed six in the morning and slept until noon (my final was at 1:30 PM!), I can't say I regretted that time. Yes, my sleep cycle might have for a bit, but still, some of my best memories came from those study sessions. But for those of you who may not see late night study sessions as great times, here are a couple of reasons to reconsider:

The food.

Let's be real, any kind of food tastes better late at night, whether that's instant ramen, ice cream, or cookies. That and in St. Mary's, you can get your intakes caffeine in healthy regular intervals (at least until it closes at 2 AM).

The people.

There are some people who say they can't study with friends. I tell them that they probably haven't found the right friend yet. True you might sometimes focus better without another person to talk to, but with the right study buddy, they can actually improve your focus- through guilt. If they think you're working hard, then it inspires them to do the same and then vice versa. A vicious cycle, really.

The other people.

a.These are the people who are not your study buddies. You know how you might take interval breaks from your work and then accidentally bump in someone new, or even someone you haven't seen in a while? Great time there.

The conversations.

Speaking of which, I've found that my favorite conversations usually happen late at night. There's something about the time, where people seem to be a bit more like themselves probably because they're all tired (and desperate). On the other hand, the topics don't have to be serious. They can be light-hearted too, like astrology moon signs.

The taste of sweet, sweet relief (victory).

Do you ever get to that point in the night where you've finally finished your assignment? Is it just me or does the victory seem sweeter the darker outside it is? Well, at the end of that kind of work, it does make you feel more accomplished (if not determined to never pull another session again), even if you might end up doing the same routine a few days later.