Stuck In The Storm

Stuck In The Storm

What to do when the sadness seems like it'll last forever.

66
Stuck In The Storm
Iain Thomas

There's a certain sadness that seems as if it cannot be killed. This sadness can and will tear you apart, take your all and leave you with nothing, not daring to feel any remorse for its victim. It's the kind of sadness that will destroy you and you will think, this is it, this is the end of me. You'll enter a spiraling storm that runs on the fuel of your emotions, thoughts, and feelings and hell, you're lucky if you understand it yourself; all you know is, you've got no more fight left in you and even if you do, you're tired of fighting.

This storm you're stuck in...I've been there before, and let me be the first one to tell you, I know how it feels to have to walk through this storm alone because no one else seems to notice or even care, and I know how frightening that can be; trying to hold on and survive when there's hardly anything or anyone there to actually hold on to. I know you feel helpless in such a situation as this one, and as if this storm will never calm nor settle, but here's the thing, friend; I'm not going to tell you it's going to be okay because that seems to be a safe sentence for everyone to say when someone they know is going through a rough patch.

Instead, I'll tell you, this sadness is not immortal. It can be killed, and it may feel as if it has killed you...perhaps, it has, but you are stronger, you have always been stronger. Take as much time as you need to endure, prosper through and recover from the storm; no one has the right to rush you through it. You can come back to the world when you're ready. You can rise from the ground like you're being resurrected and show them all that you did not succumb to the storm and become so lost in it that you never found a way out. Do not hide from those that caused you pain or turned away from you when you needed them the most.

Show them what you have walked out the storm as; a storm, yourself.