As the weather is warming up, my motivation for things other than tanning, sun, and the beach, is going down. Living in a state where the weather is now sunny and 75, I find myself dreaming of the days where homework and tests don't exist. And then I realize... I have another month and a half of this torture.
Here are some reasons as to why this time of the year is the hardest for a student like me.
1. You're already making a summer bucket list.
You have a Pinterest board dedicated to the summer of 2016, constantly making changes. In class, in the library, before bed; you can't stop thinking of new and exciting things to do in order to make this summer one for the books.
2. Most of your money goes to cute bathing suits that you can't wear yet.
It's honestly torture to me AND my wallet that Victoria's Secret releases their new bathing suits so far in advance.
3. But then you realize that you're far from bikini body ready.
4. So you make a conscious effort to eat healthy and exercise again.
I worked out two times since last summer... shouldn't that be enough?
5. Country music is now the one and only thing you listen to.
Country music is made for being half drunk on the beach in the middle of July. But if I listen to it now, it'll make the time between now and then go so much faster.
6. You take advantage of every nice day you have.
7. Spring Break and Beach Weekend are such a tease.
Let's just skip to summer please and thank you.
8. You realize all the extra work that needs to be done before the end of the semester.
Final exams and projects should be illegal at this time of the year.
9. And your friends tell you that it's impossible to go to the pool AND finish all of the work you have.
10. But then you make it through finals and it's finally the best time of the year.
Here's to summer 2016.