Chasing love only leads to heartbreak
relationships

Stop Chasing Love Or You'll Fall Flat On Your Face

If you have to chase love, you've probably already lost it.

1304

There are many ways of chasing love.

Some rush from relationship to relationship, idolizing mediocre partners out of the fear of being alone.

Some put everything they've got into one-sided relationships because they are so insistent on things working out that they are willing to put all of their time and energy into someone who wouldn't do the same for them.

Some go around having casual sex, not because they enjoy it and it makes them feel empowered, but because they expect love to come from it.

If you find yourself doing any of these things, you need to put an end to the chase. True love moves willingly in both directions. If the feelings aren't mutual, chasing after the other person is nothing but a waste of time.

While there is no better feeling than loving and being loved in return, it is important to recognize that the best things in life cannot be forced. No matter how much you want things to work out with another person, there is no way to force someone into loving you back. Words, actions, sex, and gifts can only go so far.

It is better to wait for something genuine than waste your time in relationships with people who cannot provide you with what you need.

Billy McKeown

Not only is chasing after someone else unfair to you, but it's also just unfair to the other person.

You cannot create expectations for others and be heartbroken when they don't measure up. Love is not about changing the other person or convincing them to commit to you when it is clear that the feelings aren't there. When love is forced, it isn't really love anyway. If you truly care about the other person, you would put their happiness over your glorified vision of the two of you together.

Stop trying to force a commitment from someone who doesn't give you the time of day. Stop putting everything you have into a relationship when it's obvious that the other person is already halfway out the door. Stop risking friendships by pressuring them into becoming something more. Stop expecting your friends with benefits to turn into love. Stop texting someone who only responds to you when it's convenient for them. Stop holding onto people who have already let go.

By wasting your time on people who don't care, you could be missing out on someone who does.

If someone truly loved you, they wouldn't keep you guessing about their feelings. They would jump at the chance to be with you in a heartbeat. You are not replaceable, and you shouldn't surround yourself with people who treat you like an option.

There are much better things you could be doing with your time. Instead of chasing people, chase the things in life that give you the most satisfaction and meaning. Travel. Learn something new. Focus on experiencing all of the incredible things the world has to offer and becoming the best version of yourself.

Bryan Cobo

Live life on your own terms. When you are happy with yourself, love will follow. True love should not feel like an uphill battle, and you should never have to feel like you have to fight for the other person's affection. It sounds cliche, but the best relationships come when you are not searching for one.

The first step to finding your other half is realizing that you were never a "half" to begin with. You are whole on your own, and when you do find love, it will compliment the parts of you that you've already built for yourself.