High School football has become bigger and bigger over the years. Not only do we focus on the game but there's a lot more that goes into the game day preparation. I want to give you a run down of how my game day goes.
1. The day before:
- Get dressed up with themed clothes for the week.
- Your costume has to be on point! It's my senior year and I must go all out on every dress up day.
- GO BIG OR GO HOME.
2. Pre-game football breakfast:
-The football team and cheerleaders all eat breakfast together at a local church who bless all of us with a wonderful meal.
- There is always a motivational speech by someone who gets everyone hyped for the game.
- We meet in the parking lot to take pictures in our costumes.
- This is where all the memories are made.
- Must have the best lighting for every picture.
- Post all pictures on any source of social media
4. Pep Rally:
- At the end of the day, we have a lit (fun) pep-rally. This is where we have a spirit line for the team and all types of relays and prizes.
- We have 45 minutes to get as turn't up (excited) as we possibly can before we go to the game.
5. GAME TIME:
- We get to the game hours early.
-The students have a tailgate including food, corn hole, loud music, and fun.
- The cheerleaders hang up spirit signs and get the crowd ready for the game.
- The boys pick a crazy slogan to paint on their chest.
-The student section fills up : seniors MUST be on the bottom, everyone else at the top. (This becomes an all out war, underclassman never wants to move)
- We cheer on the team to a victory or a loss
-We sing the alma mater with honor and pride and we wave our Austin flag in the air.
6. After the game:
- Dinner with all of my friends.
- Laughing and joking around at about eleven or twelve o'clock is the best part of the night.
- Have good night and rest.
- Get ready to do it all over again on the next Friday!