10 Tips For Staying Sane During The Coronavirus Quarantine

It's obvious that the coronavirus pandemic has everyone reeling. Social distancing and self-quarantine have become the standard. You wouldn't be alone if the situation has you feeling out of sorts. Here are some tips to help you stay sane while we work to stop the spread.

1. Make friends with the situation

Photo by Omid Armin on Unsplash

At this point, your plans have probably been completely derailed. Trust me, I understand the annoyance; I was supposed to be enjoying "Cinderella" on Opera yesterday. It's best to accept the fact that our lives will be restricted for a while and to make the best out of it. Just because you're stuck at home doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself!

2. Don’t fall behind on your tasks, use a planner

Image by Kate Cox from Pixabay

Although everything has moved online, the grind still persists. Stay on top of your work and physically write down your goals and daily tasks in a bullet journal or planner. This will help you remember that even though you're home, you are not on vacation.

3. Organize your space

Photo by Annie Spratt on Unsplash

There's no more escaping your untidy room. Now that you can't leave your house, it is important to keep your space clean. Physically decluttering your environment will do wonders for your peace of mind.

4. Keep exercising

Photo by Dane Wetton on Unsplash

No gym, no problem. Take advantage of the Internet and workout at home. There are plenty of workout videos online and workout apps. I recommend watching Boho Beautiful on YouTube. She focuses on yoga and pilates, and you only need your own body weight to do her routines.

5. Schedule FaceTime dates

Photo by Startup Stock Photos from Pexels

Keeping in touch with friends is just as important as it was before. Talking to them about how you're coping with the situation can be therapeutic. It's not the same as a face-to-face discussion, but it's better than nothing.

6. Be cognizant of your social media usage

Photo by Dennis Cortés on Unsplash

It's tempting to bounce from Twitter to Snapchat, to Facebook, to Instagram, but there are much better ways to fill your time. Think about how much better it would feel if you used your time to do something more intellectually fulfilling.

7. Revisit those old personal projects you put off

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay

Now is the perfect time, since you have so much time. It should also help you from getting too stir crazy.

8. Learn something new

Photo by Akshar Dave from Pexels

You could learn a new instrument, pick up a new language, sharpen your Photoshop skills, or finally figure out how stocks work. The possibility is endless with the Internet at your disposal.

9. Journal and practice mindfulness

Image by Hilary Clark from Pixabay

Get in touch with your spiritual side and give yourself the unique opportunity to reflect and breathe. It's not too often that the world takes a pause from its usual hectic state.

10. Read a book

Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash

A simple yet underrated thing to do. Whether it be a non-fiction or fantasy novel, what better place to escape to than your imagination?