HOW TO STAY READY FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR WHEN IT ALREADY STARTED

School tips for those who always need one more week of sleep before school starts.

11
Culturenlifestyle.com

Classes have started and I'm already feeling the mess I am too. But not to worry my fellow school companions, I tend to think of the first few days as the trial run where you realize mistakes and try not to make a repeat of them the following year.

First things first,

1. Buy that planner if you haven't alr

eady.

Life is too damn complicated to keep everything in your head, or on that piece of ripped paper you found at the bottom of your backpack. Seriously, invest in that planner and write down everything that has a due date. Speaking of.

2. Write down important dates from your syllabus.

This is the best way to get ahead of the game. Because wouldn't you know, you got two midterms on the same day coming up next month. But that’s not going to freak you out at the last minute because you already knew that a month back!

3. If the teacher says the book is necessary...it's probably not, but it most likely is.

At least that's my inner turmoil. Do your research before you buy that $250 hardcover book that you're probably gonna crack open maybe once or twice? RateMyProfessor.com is an excellent source for knowing whether the professor uses the book or not.

4. While on the topic of books, make sure not to head directly to the school’s bookstore.

There are better deals online and if your professor is merciful, they’ll most likely make you get an older version of the assigned book which is cheaper. Also, if you know you’re not going to need to use that book as future reference like in my case,*cough* chemistry *cough*, you might as well just rent out the book. Just make sure you return it as soon as you’re done with finals. Psst, Golden Tip: Amazon is your best friend.

5. Make sure you know where your class is located.

Especially if you're an incoming freshman and you've never given the campus a quick tour before.

6. Get there on time means get there earlier than on time.

Who knows, maybe you've been reciting the wrong classroom number and when you check again you realized it was the floor above this classroom. In any case, you got time, because you made the time.

7. Buy your scantrons ahead of exam time and try to always keep them with you.

Anxiety and midterms, need I say more? Save yourself the stomach-dropping fear that hits you when you realize you forgot to pack a scantron or even worse, realization that you bought the wrong scantron.

8. Keep your classes in different notebooks.

I know it sounds like common sense, but you’d be surprised with the amount of temptation there is to invest in a 5 subject notebook when you’re college shopping. Keep it organized.

9. Don’t forget to eat your meals on time and nutrition based ones at that.

We’re grown ups now! And yet we’re having peanut butter with Oreos at night for dinner...yikes. Make sure to plan your meals ahead and stuff granola bars in your backpack if you need a quick snack for in-between classes.

10. Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day.

If you live off-campus and don't plan on wasting a good $3.90 for a bottle of water. Bring one from home or buy a refillable water bottle that'll last you through your 4 years of college.

All in all, keep yourself motivated for the semester. Maybe you didn't get this week right, but you'll definitely get it next week. As a professor once told my class, "you've made it this far in college so obviously you guys are smart. The only thing you gotta do now is work hard, but work smart."