I Don't Have Spring Fever And That's OK

I Don't Have Spring Fever And That's OK

Embrace it, whether you are single or in a relationship.

19
I Don't Have Spring Fever And That's OK

It’s spring time, aka, SPRING FEVER. (I used to think spring fever wasn’t real, but it is.)

Spring is the beginning of beautiful weather, outdoor adventures, and the precursor to the beloved summer. But more importantly, spring time is the start of relationships and of summer wedding season.

In this SPRING FEVER season, my best friend has her first boyfriend, my other friend is thinking about marriage and kids with his girlfriend, my friend from middle school is engaged, my roommate just started dating someone, and a friend from high school is engaged. I'm beyond excited for them and have the privilege to watch them go through this season of love; however, I can't help but feel utterly single.

It’s hard not to be jealous and longing, but then I think that I’m not ready to be engaged or to start thinking about a serious future with someone. Why? Well as I stated earlier, I'm single, but also because I don't feel ready for that season of life yet. However, I don’t think I’ll ever truly be ready.

My friends who are in relationships weren’t “ready” for this person to enter into their lives and become their love. They weren’t “ready” to start thinking about marriage or kids and would laugh at the people who did. They thought they wouldn’t be those people for awhile, the ones who seemed “ready.”

I think when it comes to love, “readiness” is an allusion. Life is spontaneous and has the ability to be cruel on a moments notice. My friends are embracing the spontaneity of falling in love and wanting a future that is about more than just themselves.

I currently don’t feel ready to get engaged or think about a future with someone. Despite this stance of not being “ready,” I don’t think I will ever be ready. But, I can take a page out of my friends’ books and embrace whoever comes into my life.

We are rarely ever ready for any season of life. Whether it is moving out, getting our first job, falling in love, or starting a family. All we can do is embrace love when it comes, even if we don’t feel prepared.

So whether you are one of the spring fever couples or not, love and embrace. If you are a couple, don’t fight the future thoughts about someone, be excited by your thoughts and the person. If you are single, like yours truly, don’t fight the love that could be there soon, accept the spontaneity of life and the arduous waiting game.

But if you ever do feel down, look up lots and lots of memes about being single. It helps.