It's OK If You're Not Yet Engaged, Married, Or Pregnant

To Every Girl In Our Generation Who Isn't Engaged, Married, Or Pregnant, You're FINE

Move at your own pace.

22980
Kallee Gambrel

We're at the age where some people are getting engaged or are already married. So many people I know are getting a ring. Well, I'm not and that's OK. I also know a lot of people who are expecting. Motherhood is on my to-do list for the future but not in the near future, and that's OK.

People, we have to stop comparing ourselves to others who are in a relationship that is progressing faster than our own.

Some of us might not even be in a relationship, and that's totally OK, too. Just because your high school best friend is engaged and expecting doesn't mean you need to be on the hunt for a husband and come down with baby fever. It's OK to be unsettled, and don't settle just to get into a marriage, a house, or have a baby. Those are all parts of life that come with good timing and patience. Wait for them. I know for a fact that it will be 100 percent worth the wait.

The waiting period is where you grow into the person that you are supposed to become.

For those of us who are impatient, the waiting period can be very daunting. But, that is the time when you grow to your full potential so you can be prepared for those things. You cannot be successful in a marriage or creating a family if you aren't ready for it. You cannot be successful in a marriage or creating a family if you settle. Everyone grows at a different rate. Just because some people are ready and you aren't doesn't mean anything is wrong with you. People grow into who they are over a period of time, some a short period of time others a very long period of time and that's OK.

Everyone makes strides in life at different paces.

There is no time limit on when you have to get engaged, married or pregnant. Do not feel pressured to do any of these things. It is OK that you are still in college or figuring out what you want to do with your life. It is OK if you and your significant other aren't ready for marriage or babies, there is no time limit on how relationships are supposed to go or when things are supposed to happen. You and your significant other should focus on each other and growing together, and everything else will fall into place. So do not worry if your friends or someone you know is moving faster in their relationship than you are, it will all work out in the grand scheme of things.

It does not matter that you are not engaged, married, or pregnant. Grow within yourself and your significant other and everything else will fall into place in due time.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.