Doing Spring Break Differently

Doing Spring Break Differently

Can't decide on a Spring Break destination? Check out these alternatives.

8
Doing Spring Break Differently

The words "Spring Break" for college students incite images of drunken beach parties. As March is quickly approaching, many college students are preparing or still in the process of planning their Spring Break trips. Some students are settling for cheap and convenient beach destinations within the country such as Panama City Beach or Gulf Shores. Others are traveling lavishly to beaches in Mexico, Bahamas, and the Dominican Republic. If you are tired of your typical college Spring Break scene, check out these alternatives that will leave you feeling fulfilled.

Home.

College students are typically in a hectic frenzy throughout the year between academics, internships,extracurriculars and study abroad opportunities. Because of this, there is usually a very limited amount of time that is spent at home with familiar faces. Take a trip back home this Spring Break. Explore new parts of your hometown that you never had the chance before you left for college. Spend quality time with family and friends. Cherish those moments because for most college students, there's no certainty in returning home after graduation.

Visit friends in college

Many school's Spring Breaks fall on different weeks throughout March. Because of this, you will have many friends from other colleges still in school while you are on Spring Break. This is a prime opportunity to visit your friends at their respected institutions. Explore their college and the surrounding area where their college resides. You may be able to appreciate your college journey more by experiencing life at another college.

Volunteer

Get a group of your close friends and join a volunteering initiative. Spring Break is a unique time period in your college journey where you can devote a full week to whatever you please. This gives you enough time ro fully entrench yourself in a volunteer opportunity. Why not spend it making positive a change in your local community?

While planning for Spring Break, choose your time wisely. Don't feel obligated to book that stereotypical college Spring Break trip. Try something that will benefit yourself and others.