10 Spooky Songs You Must Have On Your October Playlist

Songs to play at a Halloween party, or just vibe to as you drive to go pumpkin picking.

854
Photo by NeONBRAND on Unsplash

Enjoy your Halloween, stay COVID safe and blast some of these spooky songs on the full moon this October 31.

1. "Bad Moon Rising" - Credence Clearwater Revival

"Don't come around tonight, well it's bound to take your life, there's a bad moon on the rise." A perfect October song, one that happened to be playing when my father got his first speeding ticket at 16, so be careful while driving.

2. "I Put a Spell On You" - Annie Lennox

"I put a spell on you...because you're mine." This cover is my personal favorite version of this song (besides the one sung by the Sanderson Sisters, of course.) Put it on while lighting a Halloween candle, and thrive in the witchy energy it exudes.

3. "Terrible Thing" - AG

"Do things I don't want to do ooh, for you, you terrible thing." Although not directly related to Halloween or October, this song fits the mood for mysterious and spooky and will go effortlessly in a dark fall playlist.

4. "Casting My Spell" - The Pirates

"I'm casting my spell on you, you'll never never be untrue." Besides being a fun song to dance around to, The Pirates actually provide the ingredients for the spell they cast in the lyrics of the song, so if you're feeling like doing some magic, you can always try out their methods. (However, things such as a hogs jaw and a cave bat may be difficult to get your hands on.)

5. "A Little Wicked" - Valerie Broussard

"No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne." Ladies, if you want a song to hype yourself up while doing makeup before a Halloween outing, add this to your playlist. The badass energy is unmatched.

6. "Witchy Woman" - Eagles

"Witchy woman, she's got the moon in her eyes." What's a good playlist without some classics? Witchy Woman never disappoints when it comes to being spooky.

7. "Calling All the Monsters" - China Anne McClain

"Tonight all the monsters gonna dance, hey we're coming to get ya." If this song was not a significant part of your childhood and doesn't immediately bring you back to jumping in leaf piles in elementary school after watching Disney Channel's Monstober, I ache for you. Not only is this song nostalgic and an absolute bop, but I would be willing to put it as the number one song needed on every Halloween playlist.

8. "Spooky Scary Skeletons (Undead Tombstone Remix)" - Andrew Gold

"Spooky scary skeletons send shivers down your spine." This particular remix is the most fun. However, there's countless others to listen to. Hosting a Halloween rave? You're going to want this song.

9. "My Girlfriend Is a Witch" - October Country

"I know my girlfriend is a witch..." There can never be too many songs about witches on an October playlist. If your girlfriend really is a witch, then this song was made for you. If you are the girlfriend who is a witch, good for you.

10. "Thriller" - Michael Jackson

"You know it's thriller, thriller night, you're fighting for your life inside a killer thriller tonight!" Saving the best for last, this song basically defines the Halloween mood. If this isn't played at least once while you're carving pumpkins or dressing up, then you are doing Halloween all wrong.