What's The Best Way To Spend Your Saturday Nights?

10 reasons why Applebee's Trivia Nights are the place to be.

470

It’s a Saturday night and you’re texting back and forth in your group message with all your best friends about tonight’s plans. You’re all out of ideas because walking around the mall is “so middle school,” and no one has the money to see the new "Allegiant" movie, but you have to do something super cool and fun that will make everyone else jealous. But what should you do? Answer: Applebee’s Trivia Night. Yes, the same Applebee’s that has the infamous half-priced appetizers after 9 p.m., and yes, Trivia Night that is, in fact, “super cool,” and “will make everyone else jealous.” Not convinced that Applebee’s Trivia Night is the best way to spend your Saturday night? Below are 10 reasons that will have everyone in the group chat filling up a table at your local Applebee’s.

1. Half Price Appetizers

I repeat, you get to order HALF-priced appetizers, which are so delicious and 50 percent off. Because Trivia Night starts at 10 p.m., Applebee’s half price appetizers are in effect, so from Wings to the new Cheeseburger Egg Rolls, there are plenty of options that will fill up your stomach and not empty your wallet.

2. Approved by parents, even the strict ones.

Many Saturday night plans are not approved by parents, and are often rejected. How can a parent say no to their child answering trivia questions? I have had my parents question many of my Saturday night plans, but never once did they wonder if Trivia Night was a good option or not.

3.Your knowledge is put to the test.

Trivia Night lets you know that memorizing the order of America’s presidents for your 11th grade American History class was not a waste of time. You’ll feel so smart when you know the answer and can even elaborate on it. Or feel really stupid when you’re convinced the closing pitcher to the 2008 Phillies World Series game was Cliff Lee, but in fact, it was Brad Lidge. You might even come out of the night as the MVP by knowing what 1980s film this quote came from: “Surely you can’t be serious?” “I am sure, but don’t call me Shirley.” (Answer: "Airplane!")

4. Quality time spent with friends.

What’s better than crowding around a table hovering over a tiny paper and answering questions with your best friends? You’ll create memories that last a lifetime. I can still clearly remember a night when the pen ran out of ink and we had only seconds to answer a question, so my friend got her purse and whipped out about 20 pens. We were all so thankful that she had those pens, but hysterically laughing and confused as to why she had so many pens in her purse.

5. Goodbye phones, hello face-to-face conversations.

Oh no! A night without your phone? Is the world ending? No, the world is not ending, but cheating is not allowed so all phones must not be used or else the table is disqualified. This rule is a great opportunity to actually talk to your friends and communicate in person. You get disconnected from your phones, but you become connected with what matters in life—your friends and the people that surround you.

6. Is Saturday Night Date Night?

If Saturday nights are designated for bae, then Trivia Night is a great idea for a date. Not only is it inexpensive, but it’s a great way to see how intelligent your significant other is. Trivia Night is also great for group dates because it's informal and a ton of fun!

7. Night Owls Encouraged.

The times between 10 p.m. and 12 a.m. are very awkward for many kids who do not want to end the night and go home. Many stores and places are closing for the night, but we want to stay out. It’s a tough position to be in, but Applebee’s has allowed the night owls within us to have a place to reside between 10 p.m. and 12 a.m. You’ll be able to hangout longer at a safe, public location, while also eating great food and answering trivia questions.

8. Is Saturday Night Family Fun Night?

Are your parents forcing you to have some family bonding time on this Saturday night? Trivia Night is still super cool if you’re with your family. Even though Trivia Night occurs later at night, the questions and atmosphere are still family friendly! Plus your parents might even be the key to winning!

9. Nice, friendly competition.

Unless you know everyone playing Trivia Night, many of the competitors are unknown to you. You’ll know every table’s team name before you know who sits at each table. Also, you’ll know you have to answer more correct questions than the “Better Late than Pregnant” Table in order to win the round!

10. You win prizes.

If your table wins the round, then you’ll get a surprise prize, and if your table has the smarts to win the entire competition then your prize ranges from free appetizers to a free meal, and maybe even both!(Prizes depend on location.) Don’t worry, second place wins a prize as well! (Also, depends on location.)

Unfortunately, not all Applebee’s have Saturday Night Trivia Nights, but if your local one does, then I hope you enjoy a fun Saturday night filled with good food, interesting questions, and great people!