So What If You're Not Serena Williams?

So What If You're Not Serena Williams?

It is a rare path for people to take.

13
So What If You're Not Serena Williams?
Bloomgist

Everyone knows about the famous, the talented and overarching cool tennis player that is Serena Williams. She is a woman who is not only a beast on the tennis court but is also the same when she is off of it. I know, I know — most of you are probably thinking the same thing: “I wish I was her” or “I wish I had a work ethic like her.” You might even be thinking the exact opposite! Well, I’m here to ask you, "So what?"

So what if you haven’t ...

played in 60 Grand Slam tournaments and won 21 of these tournaments.

So what if you haven’t ...

competed in three Olympic Games and won four gold medals.

So what if you haven’t ...

made $24.6 million between June 2014 and June 2015.

So what if you haven’t ...

had a sister who was also a pro tennis player (hey, Venus).

So what if you haven’t ...

hung out with Gigi Hadid ... enough said.

Finally, so what if you haven’t ...

strutted on stage at Taylor Swift’s 1989 tour while “taking a break from Wimbledon.”

It’s OK to not end up following in Williams' footsteps considering it is a rare path for people to take. However, it does not mean that you can’t have similar goals that you hope to achieve in life, regardless of how small and minute they might seem in comparison. Always remember to work hard because one day — just like Serena — maybe you can end up strutting on stage with a pop star. I mean hey, a girl can dream.