Snowstorm Madness: A True Story

Snowstorm Madness: A True Story

What happens when a snowstorm is about to hit

171
Snowstorm Madness: A True Story
abcnews.go.com

It's just a normal day in the town until the weatherman comes on the TV. All over the news is "Winter Storm Watch." The weatherman is saying that there will be snow coming to the state. Whether it just be a little bit or a lot, the people go into a state of panic.

Everyone needs to prepare the home for a possibility of a power outage. This is where the craziness starts. People leave their homes in a hurry to go to the places they need to before anything happens.

The first stop is at the gas stations. They need fuel in their car or in a gas tank to make sure they can power the generators that they have. The lines stretch longer than a mile. You have to go way out of your way to find a gas station that is not completely full with lines. Everyone ends up having to wait in lines anyway, and you hear the honking when someone cuts in front of the line, or even in front of your car. When you get to the pump, all you can smell is gas in the car for the rest of the ride.

The next stop is the grocery store. Unless you get there super early, or right when you find out about the storm, forget about getting water and bread. The only bread left is the least popular, and the only water left is expensive. When retrieving everything else, you need to make sure it is nothing that needs to be refrigerated in case the power goes out. You are trying to make your way through the madness of people and long lines, even longer than a normal grocery day. The next stop is home.

After running around in the chaos, it is time to sit and wait. We all sit in front of the TV while watching a movie, or get all comfortable in you bed waiting for the next morning to see what the weather brings. The weather could go out at anytime, so it is all about the impatience, until you fall asleep waiting.

It is what feels like the middle of the night, when the ringing of the phone brings no school. You are very excited to be able to get some more sleep. You go back to sleep, and wait until you wake up the next time to see what it looks like outside.

When you wake up, you look outside, and there is a nice coat of snow outside. Maybe not enough where they should have called off school, but that just means another day at the end of the year.

The madness was all for nothing, like it usually is, and everyone waiting for the next one to arrive and bring the same chaos as always.