A Simple Guide To Making Someone's Day

A Simple Guide To Making Someone's Day

Because we all need a little positivity in our lives.

39
A Simple Guide To Making Someone's Day
The Weekly World

When the only stories we hear on the news are about the newest murder, injustice, or corruption in the government, we begin to feel hopeless. With such a divide among the people of the world, it can be hard for many to find any source of positivity. During times like these, though, positivity is crucial.

Without positivity, we are left in a world where we not only hear about horrendous acts happening worldwide from the media, but also one where we cannot find happiness on a day-to-day basis. The easiest way to discover this positivity is to create it. There are so many simple ways to not only bring out the happiness in others but also in yourself. If you ever feel like the world needs a little more positivity, these are some ways to show it.

1. Pay it forward at a fast-food restaurant.

2. Send someone a handwritten letter.

3. Hold the door open for a stranger.

4. Have a conversation with a stranger.

5. Give a stranger a genuine compliment.

6. Deliver flowers to someone you love.

7. Surprise a friend with their favorite morning coffee.

8. Pay for a stranger's bus fare.

9. Cook something for your family or someone you love.

10. Call someone you haven't spoken to in a while and tell them how much they mean to you.

11. Bring an extra lunch for someone who does not have food.

12. Lend someone a jacket who needs it.

13. Thank a teacher you've had in the past who made a difference in your life.

14. Tell someone you love what you love most about them.

15. Take someone you love out for dinner.

16. Offer your seat on public transportation to someone who needs it.

17. Bring a friend balloons for their birthday.

18. Bring a friend their favorite food for lunch.

19. Show someone a song you know they would love.

20. Surprise a friend with an at-home spa day.

21. Bring a friend their favorite candy bar, especially if it is hard to find.

22. Offer to help a friend with chores and make them fun.

23. Bring bagels or donuts for everyone at your work.

24. Give someone who has had a rough day a hug.

25. Be kind to service workers and leave them bigger tips than usual, even if you only have a few extra dollars.

26. Write an awesome online review of a restaurant you love.