Silence Is Golden And Here's Why

Silence Is Golden And Here's Why

Understanding that some things are better left unsaid is the major key to reclaiming your time and energy.

111
Silence Is Golden And Here's Why
Personal Photo

A wise individual once said, "Silence is not empty. It's full of answers."

Often times, there is a need to continuously defend ourselves in situations that do not require much energy. Every altercation does not require a response. Silence is one of the most powerful tools known to man, yet individuals seldom know how to use it. Silence can allow an individual to think more clearly than they usually would. It can allow a person to generate a new perspective that they would have not usually gotten if they were too quick to speak. Silence can often lead to gaining a new sort of knowledge by simply taking a few seconds to listen and comprehend. Aside from this, silence can yield a sense of peace and tranquility. Understanding that some things are better left unsaid is vital to ensure self-preservation.

Self-preservation is needed to maintain a strong mental well being. Everyone is exceptionally quick to say they have forgiven someone and let go of the situation. Yet, if you continue to give a situation life by giving it your energy... are you truly over it? Words are so much more than just words. They have the power to speak things into existence. Both positive and negative. Words are our way of giving our own energy without demonstrating actions. With that being said, understanding when to be quiet is one of the first steps to truly mastering your own energy.

Silence is often associated with weakness, but I have come to understand a different perspective. The moment I learned to master when and where I spoke enabled me to gain a better understanding of myself and a new sense of self-empowerment. Silence has taught me that we miss out on so much knowledge and understanding simply because we refuse to listen. Mastering the art of saying less is a characteristic that can take each one of us much further than we expected.