10 Signs You're Settling In Your Relationship

10 Signs You're Settling For Less Than You Deserve

Stop Settling. You Deserve More.

1409

People settle in their relationships for many different reasons. In fact, it's so common that you might even be settling without realizing it. Here are 10 signs you are settling — whether you knew it or not.

1. You find yourself wanting to change them.

OK, nobody is perfect, but if you have a long list of things your significant other needs to change, there is a really good chance you are settling. And there is always room for improvement and personal development, but if you feel there is constantly something wrong and that needs changing within your significant other, maybe it is time to find a better match.

2. You're afraid to leave because there might not be someone better out there.

Maybe you stay in a relationship because you feel there is no other option for you, that this could be your one and only shot at love. I'm here to tell you that you are wrong, there is someone better for you out there.

3. You feel you have to change yourself for the relationship to work.

You should never feel the need to change yourself, your dreams, and your goals for another person.

4. You sacrifice a lot.

Every relationship requires sacrifice, but if you are the only one who is ever sacrificing it may be time to find someone else.

5. The little annoyances bother you more than they should.

It's normal to get annoyed with your partner, but what's not normal is getting annoyed or mad about every little inconvience.

6.  You are always comparing.

You find yourself thinking about previous relationships and you don't really imagine a future with your current partner.

7. You feel like you can't be yourself or you might lose them.

You're always walking on eggshells around this person because you don't want to lose them.

8. Your feelings aren't as important as your significant other's.

You start to feel that their feelings matter more. Obviously when you love someone you should care about their feelings, but never to the point where you begin to invalidate your own.

9. You feel indifferent about the relationship.

You really could not care less about what they are doing or saying. You are just along for the ride.

10. You're more often unhappy than you are happy.

No matter how often you pretend to be happy, you're just not. You don't know how to be with this person.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.