Signs Your Relationship Will Not Work Out

45
Tumblr

As negative as it sounds, you probably don't know what you get yourself into. Staying single can be boring. However, if you take a step back, maybe you aren't even ready for a relationship. Even if you may have found the right one to fall in love with, now, don't get too involved. You deserve someone who will treat you right and be worth waiting for. But if you realize too late that he may not be the one, let it be. You have learned your lesson and, in some ways, you have matured.

Both of you are going at different paces.

If you try to rush into a relationship with someone you think the world of, it is not going to happen. Ask yourself questions like, How long have you guys known each other? Is this a really serious relationship? Your heart may sink when the one you love dearly, and put all your time into tells you, "I am not ready yet."

It is never a bad thing to take things slow and see how things go. Never get too invested in it. If nothing is established and this relationship is developing at an extremely slow pace, it probably is the time for you to quit. It is no different than leading some people on. Leave; he or she is toxic for you.

What do you like about him/her?

You said there is chemistry or a spark between you guys, but honestly, how long is it going to last? You said you like him or her a lot, but what are some actual reasons why you are staying and giving it your all? It is OK if you can't give any answers, if it is just meant to be a casual relationship or a sweet fling. Just don't expect a long and committed relationship. It takes time to know a person fully and if it is meant to be, he or she will certainly accept who you are and embrace your flaws.

Sometimes we tell ourselves that appearances aren't everything, but we can be shallow and get into a superficial relationship. Trust me, this kind of relationship won't do you any good and you will end up regretting it.

The right person at the wrong time.

No matter how much you want to be with him or her, if you think about it rationally timing doesn't allow you to move forward. You probably fall in love at a very wrong time when you have to move out for college or your potential partner has to move on to the next stage of life. It is quite easy to say that as long as there is trust, a relationship is possible, but this has led to another question of long distance relationship: Is it really going to work when your partner is physically absent most of the time? Are you committed enough to make this relationship exclusive before you make your relationship official?

You just need to be with someone.

This is definitely not the right mindset, and exactly what turns your relationship into a failure. Never try to be in a relationship when you just need company and someone to be there for you. Seeing most of your friends dating can make you salty, but being in a relationship doesn't guarantee your happiness. Stop wasting time on temporary relationships because in the end, it takes time for wounds to heal, and time to move on. To girls, you don't need a guy to make you happy. You may fall into sweet talk and convince yourself that they make you happy in all sort of ways. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they are all players or f**kboys, but the only right one is worth waiting.

You are confused about what you really want.

Stop and think. You are probably better off staying single until you know what you are pursuing. Better yourself in every way and let the right one come to you. Study hard in college, strive for the right career goal and fulfill those seemingly unreachable New Years Resolution. This is the life you deserve to have, so live it to the fullest. Girls, you don't need guys to tell you how amazing you are. Build yourself up and be a lady. Eventually, those who appreciate you will make you their world.