Shy Guy Says And jFET To Headline Cosmographic At Be Here Now

The Muncie EDMC will be bringing in two Indianapolis artists to kickoff the semester.

21
Magnetic Focus Photography

September 9, the Muncie EDMC will host their second annual "Cosmographic" event at Be Here Now.

Ventura, one of the DJs that will be performing says, "In past years, this has always been a successful event, but we're taking it to the next level by bringing in two of the most successful guys in the Indianapolis EDM scene."

With six original members on the line-up, the event will be headlined with a back-to-back performance by Shy Guy Says and jFET.

Shy Guy Says is exactly what you think; named after that mini game in Mario Party. He brings a blend of dubstep and melodic tunes with 8-bit themes.

jFET brings an upbeat grove ranging from house to trap and everything in between. He has played many events around Indianapolis including Circle City IN Pride Festival.

Both Shy Guy Says and jFET played a closing back-to-back set for Liquid Stranger when he played Altered Thurzdaze: 7 Year Anniversary at The Mousetrap in Indianapolis, image courtesy of Magnetic Focus Photography. They bring energy and chemistry that creates a heart-racing performance.

In addition to bringing two headliners to the line-up, visual projections will be taking over the stage as well. "Cosmographic" is their first show for the Fall semester and will focus on space, planets, and of course; aliens. The EDMC is known for their themed events including Illuminate, Northern Lights, and Lantern. The collective prides themselves on their connection to the spiritual and outer realms of the universe.

For the past six months the collective has been going through a phrase of renewal, branding, and growth. The past year they've collectively played an Indy showcase while individually opening for respective artists. The EDMC continues to grow and expand with each show by taking new risks and challenges. "Cosmographic" will be opening a new door for the group as they hope to continue to bring in headliners from other scenes, experiment with new mediums, as well as trying out new talent.

The Muncie EDMC strives to keep the electronic dance music culture alive in Muncie as well as making an impact anyway possible. While EDM culture can often have a negative connotation, the collective aims to end that by becoming a diverse club for anyone to join. They have released one compilation album and their next will be titled "Wrong Number."

Their next compilation album is inspired by 80s and 90s horror movies. It will be available for download this October. For the release of "Wrong Number," they will be hosting a release show on October 27, at Be Here Now.

To learn more about the Muncie EDMC and upcoming shows; be sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.