Why You Shouldn't Settle For Mr. Right Now

Because God's plan is so much greater.

16
Bridal Guide

Dating is a complicated, often frustrating, process filled with excitement and disappointment. As someone who has made quite a few mistakes in the boy department, I have finally understood why settling is the worst thing you could do for yourself. Because through the ups and downs of relationships, there is always one consistent man: God.

God says over and over in the Bible how He created you in His perfect image and how much He loves every single part of you, good and bad. He loves you so much that even if you were the only person on this earth, He STILL would have sent His son to die on the cross for your sins. That is true, unconditional love. God’s love for us is so perfect that we can’t fathom it. We are deeply loved by a God who has a perfect plan that we shouldn't worry about Mr. Right Now. What He has planned for you and me is so much greater than we could ever imagine.

A few months ago, I saw a little post online that said read the verse:

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

~ Corinthians 13:4-7

If you can’t plug his name into each attribute, he isn’t the one. This really hit me because God truly wants the best for us. He wants someone who puts Him first so your relationship can be centered around something unconditional. He has a flawless plan and timing always.

“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart, yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end”

~ Ecclesiastes 3:11

So ladies, please do not settle for Mr. Right Now because Mr. Forever is waiting for you. God already has every single decision for the rest of your life laid out, all you have to do is put your trust in Him. You are made in God’s perfect image and He wants but the best for you.