Why you should take risks

You Live Your Best Life When You Take Risks

Risks are a chance to learn more about anything.

148

While growing up, my parents knew right from the start that I was a risk taker. (My mom is probably cringing at this!) From doing stupid things like thinking that skiing down a mountain on an unmarked trail with no adult supervision as a twelve-year old that warns you "SKI PATROL CANNOT REACH THIS AREA" to using fake IDs at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas and teetering the line of going to jail or having an (un)forgettable night.

Even though these things aren't necessarily good, that's not the point I'm trying to make. I just used those as pretty extreme examples (both true though). The point I am trying to make is that you should take risks in life. For example, there are a lot of people that are hungry for success, but don't have the means to do so, or are scared to take the risk. I think that it is the fear of the unknown that scares so many people out of taking them.

So many people talk about how they want to make a change in their life, but don't actually do it. It could be anything from changing majors, changing friends, or changing your daily habits.

I find this problem (and you probably see this problem too) when people stay in relationships because they don't want to be single. They fear the change, because being single is outside of their comfort zone. (This is probably the most common scenario, but still, the same ideals apply).

Life is worth taking risks. The world would not move forward without them. You've probably heard the saying "you'll never know if you never even try". My advice to you is take the risk, step outside of your comfort zone, that's where you learn the most about yourself, and about the world.