6 Stores That Defined My Middle School Fashion Sense

6 Stores That I Shopped At Between The Ages Of 11-14 That Defined My Middle School Fashion Sense

Middle School was a questionable clothing choice for anyone.

151

Everyone had some questionable fashion choices when it came to middle school. Feathers in the hair, kool-aid dye, blue makeup, and even as far as crackle nail polish. I think it is safe to say that many of us have thankfully outgrown these decisions and have bettered our fashion sense since. However, there are still sometimes that I look back and wonder why my parents would let me shop at such crazy stores, or even let me purchase anything from them (or honestly even buy it for me). Here are 6 stores that I, and hopefully the majority of people, have outgrown since the middle school days.

1. Justice

i.pinimg.com

Where else would you get shirts with such crazy sayings? Well, I guess we have Forever 21, but we make better decisions now, right?

2. Limited Too

cdn.vox-cdn.com

I honestly hardly remember shopping here as a child, but I think the purple and green changing room curtains will be forever ingrained into my brain.

3. Aeropostale

fortunedotcom.files.wordpress.com

The iconic 87 shirts will forever be a part of any middle schoolers wardrobe. I swear this business has been 'going out of business' for at least 4 years now, but they keep coming back.

4. Delia's

www.dailydot.com

This store's catalog honestly just started showing up one day. I had only actually seen this store in person once while in a northern state. Sometimes I'm not even for sure if it was real until I remember the leggings with the British flag that I would've died for.

5. Abercrombie & Fitch

thumbs.gfycat.com

Honestly, this store was a bit risky for a middle schooler which is maybe what made it cool?

6. Rue 21

www.mytotalretail.com

Graphic tees galore. And for such a cheap price too? I cannot tell you how many graphic shirts from here that I gave away or sold at garage sales as I grew out of this phase.