She Danced To Forget Him

She Danced To Forget Him

Bye boy, you're not worth my time.

43
She Danced To Forget Him

It is such a refreshing feeling being surrounded by your group of girlfriends dancing your heart out to your favorite song. Singing the words as loud as you can, forgetting about the boy who made you second guess your worth.

It's crazy that boys do not have to do much to make us question our worth.

Is there something wrong with me? Why won't he text me back? What did I do wrong? What do you mean he's "talking" to a bunch of other girls? What is wrong with me? I should've known better...

Honey, there is nothing wrong with you. You did nothing wrong. He is just too immature to realize a good thing until it's gone.

How do boys have the ability to make us feel wonderful one moment yet feel like complete crap another moment? I hate that boys can make us feel so worthless. Do they get joy from playing mind games with us? I will never understand these mind games and I am disgusted with this hookup culture that has replaced dating. This hookup culture has a way of forcing us to rush into things because of societal pressures and expectations. If you are looking for something more than the hookup culture, unfortunately, you are basically setting yourself up to get hurt. Of course, there are exceptions and I realize that I am making a huge generalization here but this is from observation, experience and a female perspective.

One thing I realized while blasting Taylor Swift music is that she was right about everything. Taylor Swift sings about all those thoughts that enter in your head when you feel like you are not good enough.

"And I know it's long gone, and that the magic's not here anymore and I might be OK, but I'm not fine at all" - All Too Well
"Maybe I was naïve, got lost in your eyes and never really had a chance" - White Horse

Taylor Swift also says all the right words to empower you to forget that stupid boy and move on. Taylor Swift's music reminds you that you are "a strong independent woman who don't need no man" (say in a sassy voice). You deserve the absolute best and you should never let ANYONE make you question that. Anyone who makes you second guess your worth does not deserve to be in your life. Bye boy.

"We are too busy dancing to get knocked off our feet." - New Romantics
"We're happy, free, confused, and lonely in the best way it's miserable and magical" - 22

Taylor Swift also has hidden messages in her songs on her album 1989 that everybody needs to hear...

"She lost him but she found herself and somehow that was everything." -Clean

"She danced to forget him." - Shake It Off

Here is one of my favorite quotes that is often credited to Matty Healy from The 1975 and I believe it is very relatable to this topic:

"Life's too short to drink crappy coffee and cry over boys who don't care"

I love this quote because it is a daily reminder that you deserve the best. If your coffee is crappy, throw it out. You deserve to drink your idea of a perfect cup of coffee. If boys are making you sad, forget about them and move on. You should never cry over someone who could honestly care less about you. Save your tears for something that is actually worth it.

If someone is interested they will make the effort. Do not waste your time on anyone who treats you less than what you deserve.

It is important to realize for yourself that you deserve the absolute best and should not settle for anything less. Who cares about what society thinks and focus on what is best for you.