12 'Sex And The City' Quotes Every 20-Something Needs To Hear

Words of wisdom from Carrie Bradshaw

80
Thought Catalog

The glamorous women of "Sex and the City" have given us plenty of life advice throughout the six seasons and two films. We watched as single women navigated their way through The Big Apple, learning about life, love, and friendships. Carrie Bradshaw was often times the voice of reason amongst her friends, and she offered a lot of insight in various situations. Many of these tips and insights are definitely words of advice for a lot of twenty-somethings as they, too, navigate their way through life.

1. "Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens."

2. "Just love, make mistakes, and have wonderful times, but never second-guess who you are, where you have been, and most importantly, where it is you are going."

3. "You shouldn't have to sacrifice who you are just because somebody else has a problem with it."

4. "When you are determined to reach your goal, not even obstacles can scare you away."

5. "Life gives you lots of chances to screw up, which means you have just as many chances to get it right."

6. "You have to let go of who you were to become who you will be."

7. "Eventually all the things will fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason."

8. "They say nothing lasts forever. Dreams change, trends come and go, but friendship never goes out of style."

9. "Don't forget to fall in love with yourself first."

10. "No matter who broke your heart, or how long it takes to heal, you'll never get through it without your friends."

11. "Maybe our mistakes are what makes our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? After all, seasons change...people come into your life and go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart."

12. "The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you YOU love, well...that's just fabulous!"