7 Lush Products To Try That Aren't Bath Bombs

The best vegetarian, cruelty-free, handmade products to treat yourself with.

464
Lush UK

Lush Cosmetics has taken the world by storm with their signature handmade bath bombs. While the company was founded in 1995 in the United Kingdom, the age of social media has made the company incredibly popular within the past few years. It's almost impossible to log onto Instagram without seeing someone posting their picture-perfect baths after using the company's bath bombs (I'm personally guilty of posting pictures of my Lush baths on social media all the time). While their bath bombs are truly amazing, the company as a whole has an incredible line of cruelty-free, vegetarian, handmade products that can work wonders on your body. Interested in starting to live a Lush life? It can be a bit overwhelming deciding where to start. Here are some of their great products to try out that aren't bath bombs.

1. Cup O' Coffee Face & Body Mask

If you're a coffee addict like me, this is definitely something to try. It is honestly one of my absolutely favorite products from Lush. It works wonders for oily skin and helps combat acne. Most products are meant solely for the face or for the body, but this is great for both. The coffee grounds work as a great exfoliator that's tough enough to get a deep clean, but not too harsh on the skin (plus, coffee grounds are way better for the environment than micro-beads that other companies frequently use in products). Just apply, leave on for about 15 minutes, and massage while washing off.

2. Popcorn Lip Scrub

Thankfully Lush put on their website to "try to not eat it straight out of the pot" because you'll probably want to! It smells absolutely delicious and tastes it too. Dry and rough lips are annoying, especially if you're trying to wear matte lipstick. This scrub combines sea salt and coconut oil to eliminate dry skin while still moisturizing so it's not really necessary to use lip balm after. Just put a little on your finger and scrub your lips. When you're done you can either wipe or lick off the excess.

3. Dark Angels Facial Cleanser

Charcoal has become a super popular cleansing product lately, with black sugar following close behind. I didn't believe all the hype, but the combination in this little pot made me a believer. Dark Angels may be something worth trying if you want to fight oil and blemishes. I was honestly amazed at the difference it made on my skin. I like to alternate between this cleanser and the Cup O' Coffee mask but definitely use this more frequently. I will warn that if you have sensitive skin that this could be a little harsh, but feel free to sample it to see if it could be for you. It's dense and dry in the pot, so put a small amount in your hand and add water to make it the consistency of a paste to use.

4. Pumice Power Foot Bar

It's been a while since I tried this, but I loved it! I got it in a little gift set and fell in love. If you have tired and overworked feet, this is a great way to make them soft and refreshed. I highly suggest it to help make your feel look great in summer sandals. I absolutely adore the citrus scent and the fact that it fits perfectly in your hand. I will say you don't want to get the bar too wet so it lasts longer. Hop in the shower or bath and scrub your feet with it. Be sure to wash it all off because it can get slippery in the shower.

5. Angels On Bare Skin Facial Cleanser

Since I mentioned Dark Angels can be a little intense for sensitive skin, I wanted to give an alternative for all angels. Angels On Bare Skin is truly a product everyone can appreciate. From the scent to the feeling it gives, this product is all around relaxing. Because it's a bit less intense I noticed it takes a few uses before you see the difference in your skin, but it definitely does work. The clay and almonds make this the perfect type of wash to use on a daily basis. This is also a product that comes dry and clumpy in the pot. Like Dark Angels, just put a small amount in your hand and mix with water to make a paste. Then massage on & rinse off to get that angelic glow!

6. Five O'Clock Whistle Shaving Smoothie

I tried this product on a whim because I don't typically use any product when I shave, but a friend praised it. I will admit this isn't something I use all the time, but when I'm looking for super soft legs, this is my go to; No other shaving cream has come close to the feeling this gives. Most products irritated my legs, which is why I just ditched them all together; This has never caused an issue. Plus, I'm biased towards products that use coffee because I love all the benefits! Just apply to damp skin (yes, I said skin because it can be used on face, legs, bikini area, etc.) & shave as normal.

7. The Comforter Bubble Bar

Want to have a Lush bath? Bath bombs are pretty and smell great, but don't create bubbles (which is half the fun of baths). I'm obsessed with bubble bars and this one is hands down my favorite. It turns the water a beautiful pink color while creating mountains of aromatic bubbles. It has a very fruity smell that reminds me of berries (I always say raspberries, but that may be because of the color). Bubble bars are nice because you can cut them into smaller pieces if you find a full bar to be too much. Just crumble the bar under running bath water and fall in love! P.S. If you love the scent, you can get this in a shower gel too!