I am a Senior - WHAT?!

I am a Senior - WHAT?!

Going into my fourth and final year of my undergraduate program. Where did time go?

52
I am a Senior - WHAT?!
https://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/events/2010/100506DeHahnCommencement.html

T-minus 10 months until graduation. In a year from now I will be out in the workforce as a Registered Nurse (RN), probably in a different state. What emotions am I suppose to be feeling? Should I be anxious and excited and scared and peaceful all at the same time?

I reflect back on my senior year of high school. It was such an exciting time and the sense of freedom was overwhelming. The first week was a breath of fresh air knowing a year from then I'd be attending a university and starting a new chapter in life. However, this first week of senior year in college did not have those same feelings.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/842102830306460726/

As a nursing student, my heaviest years are past and senior year is a lot more relaxed. Sophomore and Junior years were packed with Pathopharmacology, Med-Surg Nursing, and ATI Exams. Even though I've done the hardest work already, the feeling of relief has not set in. Writing all the due assignment in my calendar continues to carry anxious feelings as the days fill up.

But my greatest worry doesn't stem from staying up on assignments--I've been doing this for there years now. How do I comprehend that I will be entering the real adult-years of my life in a year? I graduate in May, then will take the NCLEX, find a job, find somewhere to live, and meet new people. For the fourth time in my life, I will be going somewhere I've never been before and starting anew.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/132715520251237804/

I try to confront this year with excitement, but apprehension is easy to accompany. I will take a deep breath. This is my year, I'm 21, I'm the big-dog on campus now, and I am living with my best friends. I will thrive this year! I will make the most of the time I have left--even if COVID-19 threw quite the curveball. It's only once in your life you are young and have this freedom.