Why Self-Love Is So Important

Why Self-Love Is So Important

This can improve yourself and your life.

235
Why Self-Love Is So Important
The Heart of the Matter

"Self respect, self worth and self love all start with self. Stop looking outside of yourself for your value."

We all hear the cliche “love yourself” captions and quotes and people try to reciprocate this idea of loving yourself. But what can it really do for you?

Although I know how difficult of a thing this is to do and maybe one of the hardest things you might ever do, if you can learn to love yourself, it will only lead to great things for yourself and possibly the people around you. Loving yourself leads to being happy. I know so many people that are always saying they hate themselves, or think they’re ugly or fat, etc. They are constantly talking about all the negative things about them self. And doing this not only makes others get annoyed of you constantly bashing on yourself, but it hurts yourself and your self confidence.

When you love who you are, you accept who you are. You can accept the good and the bad things about yourself and this only leaves room for improvement. Being confident, I have found, helps me to be a genuinely happier person. Mostly because I don’t sit around staring into mirrors all day worrying about how I look, worrying about what others will think of me. I have found confidence in myself because of this. Once you tell yourself enough that you’re perfect just the way you are, you start to believe it.

Confidence goes way deeper than looks, which is something that many people fail to understand. It is your personality, your knowledge, the inside that really matters. Being confident gives you a chance to really be yourself. And from my own experience in life, people like other people who are themselves, and who are different and who dress themselves however the hell they want to because even if someone else thinks its “ugly” or “weird”, them being confident in wearing it makes them able to pull it off. Once you are confident in yourself, you can pull off anything and you can do anything. And nobody else matters. Only you matter.

People like confidence and positivity in others, it attracts people. And when you don’t love yourself, others aren’t going to either. Negativity reflects off of one person and can affect another. It’s hard to love someone who doesn’t love themselves. The things you notice and may hate about yourself, other people rarely even notice. The reason we notice is because we pay way to much attention to what others think and we focus way too much on looks and hating ourselves. Once you can let go of worrying about what others think, it opens up a whole new mind set. A mind set that is awesome and enjoyable and happy and loves life.

Self-shame and sorrow for yourself are the worst things a person can experience. But loving yourself means being and feeling less depressed, anxious, and makes you less likely to stress and torture yourself. Self-love can make you a better person. It improves your emotional and psychical state. Give it a try and you’ll start to notice that you attract many more good people and circumstances into your life.

Lastly, what are you getting out of not loving yourself? You’re getting negativity and probably passing that on to everyone around you. So stop hating yourself, stop worrying about what others think. Be yourself and love yourself. When you love yourself, it erases the negative things we feel about ourselves and makes us feel good enough. And over time, all the negatives will be outweighed by all the positives. Accept yourself and wake up every morning and love yourself.

"Never say anything about yourself that you do not want to come true."