It does not matter whether you are celebrating this Valentine's Day with a significant other or not, Valentine's Day should be a time not to forget to love yourself. Before you can give yourself to someone else, you have to love yourself. So for Valentine's Day this year, here's a list of ideas to better take care of yourself, because you beautiful human being deserve only the best.
1. Look in the mirror everyday and give yourself a compliment, because you are looking pretty fantastic today!
2. You've been eyeing that bracelet/makeup set/box of chocolates/etc all week, go "treat yoself!" You can spoil yourself!
3. Blast your favorite tunes in your dorm/room/car and don't be afraid to dance! (well unless, you're in the car you probably should substitute dancing with just singing)
4. Dress up. When you look your best, your confidence goes up. No occasion needed to pull out that dress you never think you'd get to wear again.
5. Smile more. It looks good on you. According to the James-Lange theory of emotion, smiling causes you to feel happy.
6. Challenge yourself. Try something that scares you a little. Get out of your comfort zone and learn more about yourself.
7. At the end of the week, write down the things that made you happiest that week. Focus on the positive aspects of your week; you'll probably find that your week was better than you initially thought.
8. Exercise! According to Elle Woods (Legally Blonde), "exercise gives you endorphin's. Endorphin's make you happy..." Being in a good physical state can help put you in a good mental state.
9. Volunteer. Find something that you're passionate about and help out. Helping others will make you feel good.
10. Take some deep breaths of fresh air in the great outdoors!
Make sure that you focus on yourself and show yourself some love this Valentine's Day!!