7 Ways To Celebrate Valentine's Day If You're Single

7 Ways To Practice Self-Love On Valentine's Day If You're Single And Loving Every Second Of It

Who says couples are the only ones who can enjoy February 14th?

216

Hello, my single people! As we all know, February is getting closer and the day we are all NOT looking forward to is approaching. There are two ways we can spend this lovey-dovey holiday: we can lie on our couch with a bottle of rosé and a box of tissues while watching "The Notebook" for the millionth time. The other way is to treat ourselves and make it a day filled with pampering and self-indulging activities. I don't know about you guys but I'm choosing the latter.

Here, I list seven "selfish" but necessary activities we can enjoy as "mujeres solteras":

Breakfast of champions

First things first, diets DON'T exist on this day. We are going to eat what our little, un-loved hearts desire. If you like to cook, make yourself a delicious omelet or pancakes. Also add some extra ingredients you wouldn't normally use such as, greasy bacon on them eggs or chocolate chips on those buttery-goodness flapjacks. And to top it off, pop a bottle of champagne and toast to life with a refreshing mimosa. If you don't like to cook (like me), visit your favorite breakfast diner or "panaderia." You don't even have to go all bougie, Denny's breakfasts are cheap and always on point!

Give some love to your hands and feet

In other words, go get a mani and/or pedi. Getting all dolled up for no one but yourself is an important part of the self-care philosophy. I believe that if you look good, you feel good too. But instead of choosing the same "safe" colors we always use, let's change it up and choose something new. For example, I've never gotten designs on my nails, maybe the 14th is the day to go crazy.

Go to your happy place

Everyone has a place that brings them good vibes. As an island girl, mine is the beach. All I need is a beach chair, a speaker, white wine, a good book, and I'm all set. Maybe your happy place is the mall, a park, or the movies. The point is to get out of the house for the afternoon. What we're not trying to do is fall into the temptation of watching "A Walk to Remember" or "Me Before You." The only tears on this day will be happy ones.

Buy yourself something nice

So you probably won't receive roses or chocolates from someone, that doesn't mean you can't gift yourself. Go online or to a physical store and get something you've had your eyes on for a while. It can be something simple. For example, a lipstick, sandals, or sexy lingerie. It doesn't have to be a physical gift. You can book yourself a 30-minute massage at a spa or get concert tickets on Groupon. If you have the money to spend, by all means go to your favorite luxury stores and splurge on some Chanel and Gucci. We admire and applaud you!

Dinner fit for a queen

This time, no cooking. It's time for you to get some VIP treatment. If you're like me, you probably won't want to go eat in a restaurant because it will be filled with, you know, those people who travel in pairs and seemed to happily do everything together... Well, this is where the power of Uber Eats and Postmates comes in handy. Scroll through all the restaurants near you and choose the one you know will satisfy your cravings. Go all out! I'm talking: appetizers, entree, and dessert. You deserve the three-course meal!

GNO?

Now this one depends on the status of your friend group. Sadly for me, all my friends are in a relationship. But if you have a squad that is single, then go have your own version of "The Hangover." I'm saying this because Valentine's Day falls on a FRIDAY! This means you have the freedom to go bar hopping or hit the club because the next day you can wake up at 2 pm with no repercussions, well except for the pounding feeling in your head and nausea.

Let your sexual goddess out!

To end a productive day of loving yourself, why not literally love yourself? We're all grown-ups here and we don't need a partner to make ourselves feel good. So live a little and have fun. Whether you use props or not, doesn't matter, as long as you end the night with a fulfilled and satisfied smile.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.