Self Change Can Only Be Made By One's Self

Everyone can tell you to do something, but in the end it's your choice.

10
Google

We can all say that there is something about ourselves that we are not a fan of. Some may say their smile, or their cheek bones, but others mainly say their body. You can be from a size 0 to a size 24 and still hate your body. I can say first hand my body isn’t my favorite. From looking at my love handles, to muffin top, to my double chin, I hate it all. But something different about myself and many others is that, I want to change. Not for the people who have put me down because of my body, but for myself and to better my health. No one can make that change for me, only me.

Growing up I’ve always been on the bigger side. Always having to wear the larger tops, couldn’t squeeze into the teen clothes at the store, and nothing would fit the year after I bought it because, well I had gotten larger. It wasn’t because I didn’t do anything, I was actually a very active kid all through school. I did sports and was always on the go, I just was in love with food. I can remember one summer my sophomore year of school my friend Alexis and I were so hungry, but we were so broke…In one day we went to Mcdonald's for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Boy was that bad… I gained twenty pounds that summer just for eating shit for food. That is when I knew I was just letting myself go.

My weight would change all through school and even after. I would gain a few pounds here and there and would lose it shortly after. But as of today, I weigh the largest I have ever weighed before in my life. Don’t get me wrong, I’m aware I’ve gained a lot of weight, that’s not the the issue. The issue is how long it has taken for me to finally really do something about it. Here is what I’m doing to better my body:

Center for Weight Loss and Wellness: I started attending the center this week. It’s amazing here. Everyone is so kind and encouraging. They base a meal plan off how my health is. Its truly amazing. It’s cutting out all the crap food and only eating what humans have evolved on, meat, fruits and veggies. I go each week and get weighed and talk about how the week went. I’m super excited to see where this program takes me.

Water Intake: I thought I drank enough water as it is.. Try drinking 128 oz of water a day… It’s not as hard as I thought it would be. I’ve done this for two days and I feel amazing.

I know these are only two things, but Rome wasn’t built in a year. I’m taking these small steps to get those under my belt and will continue to move forward each day that goes on. I'm isn’t here to tell you what to do. This is me telling you that only YOU can make this change. You can only decide to better yourself and lifestyle. No one around you can push you to do anything. You have to be willing. You only have one life, so make it the healthiest one possible.