Secure The Insecurities

Secure The Insecurities

Often the one judging you the most is yourself.

23
Secure The Insecurities
One Tree Hill Wiki- Pictures of You

I know you're insecure, feel like everyone's looking at you, everyone's judging you. Every time you meet someone you're worried what they thought of you, questioning how you acted and how they perceived you. "Did they think I was weird?" "What if they didn't like me?"

My questions are, what's gonna happen if they didn't like you or thought you were weird? Why does their opinion of you matter? The only opinions that should matter to you, are your own and the ones that come from the people that love and care about you. But above all, what you think of yourself when no one else is looking at you. The kind of person that you are when there aren't any social pressures around you, when you're being so honest and true to your self. It's not about what your coworkers or your classmates, or mutual friends think about you. Because those people come and go but you're stuck with yourself for a good while so you might want to start liking the person that you are.

Most often when people judge others it's to make themselves feel better, do you really want to morph yourself into a person that's made out of insecurities of other people? Being different and weird is the beauty of being an individual and the second you succumb to the pressure of being average. You've lost you're most breathtaking attribute. People fall in love with the way that you laugh or your slightly vulgar humor. You find the people that are going to be life long friends by being yourself, you find true honest people that enjoy the same odd things you do. Being open and honest with yourself about who you are is the only way you're ever going to be able to love yourself. Because the more you become like everyone else, the less you're really being honest with yourself. Its hard to be different, thats why so few people do it. But once you learn that you're happier when you don't have to pretend for everyone else, you learn that being someone else takes half the joy out of life.

You learn to believe that other people thinking less of you, shouldn't effect the way you see yourself. Because believe it or not, most people admire differences and quirks, so don't hide them. You might be hiding something from someone that's suppose to fall in love with that quirk. Be honest, and true, be yourself.