The Secret to My 4.0 First Semester of College

93

No, it's not Adderall.

Since early high school, I have been told college professors do not care about your grades or success. Well, maybe I got the best of the best this first semester but as for my experience with college professors, this is the farthest from the truth.

I have had a professor put all her Macroeonomics lectures online incase you missed a day or just needed to listen to it again and again because...well Macroeconomics is tough guys. She would work nonstop with her students provided they made the effort. Her office hours were practically 24/7 and she was willing to explain one topic a thousand different ways to make sure it made sense to every single student. Thank you for proving hard work and dilligence results in success. Also, an extra thank you for all the additional hours you put in to help me achieve my goal.

I have had a professor make my lifelong dream of learning Arabic a reality. She focuses on understanding the material more than grades. Her dedication to her students is truly irreplacable and there is absolutely no way I could ever learn one of the hardest languages in the world if she wasn't teaching it. Shukran and I am very excited to take Arabic 102 with you.

I have had a professor WHO ACCEPTED A MEME IN MY ASSIGMENT. When discussing the hypocrisy in a book, I wanted to creatively say it was hypocritical of the author rather than bluntly saying, "This is hypocritical of the author." So, I took a major risk and put the "none of my business" meme.

She found it funny and appreciated the joke. It was a risk I am now very glad I took because her response is the reason I am minoring in Creative Writing. Thank you for seeing potential in all different styles of writing and for having a great sense of humor:)

I have had a professor that cared so much about his students' understanding that he made sure every student had access to the homework answers. He not only provided the textbook's notes for the class but also had his own set of notes for every single chapter discussed. Thank you for equipping us with all the resources possible to excel in Accounting.

Lastly, I have had a professor that taught me Business Calculus and a life lesson. My math professor is one the most understanding and patient individuals I have ever met. And although many of her students would wake up on the wrong side of the bed every class, she has treated every individual with such benignity. Thank you for showing others kindness when you could have chosen not to.

So thank you college professors. In addition to shots of expresso, you are the secret to my 4.0.