Saturday Superstitions

Saturday Superstitions

The querks of an SEC fan.

8014
Saturday Superstitions

Football Saturdays in the south are holy. Everyone has their own game-day agenda that will probably never change. Win or lose, Saturdays are specifically superstitious.

1. Lucky chocolate.

Yes, trail mix has nuts and other healthy options, but the chocolate is obviously the best part. And naturally, all M&Ms except the orange and blue are unlucky.

2. The unlucky friends.

Every time they come in the room, your team throws an interception or the quarterback gets sacked. My family has personally banned two people from our property during any Auburn sporting event.

3. The tiger tail.

You know, those cars with a tacky, 11-year-old tail flying on the back of the car on the way to the game. But it has been to every home game and you don't leave home without it.

4. Lucky undergarments.

Well, you know.

5. Location, location, location.

If your team scores and you're upstairs, you stay upstairs. If they score while you're in the bathroom, you stay in the bathroom.

While some people are more superstitious than others, they all make up an equation for a great southern game day. War eagle anyways!