Sanford House's Top Self-Care Picks (Because the holidays are stressful)

6

Amidst the chaos of the holiday season, unwind with three Sanford House posts about recharging and refocusing...

Written when the weather was much less blustery, I hope Paul Silva's "Getting Self-Esteem," Olivia Pennelle's "Radical Self Care," and my very own "Doodling to Distract" sheds some light on the importance of you time.

Getting Self-Esteem (I’m Not Much, But I’m All I Think About)

By: Paul Silva

Mirrors. I used to love looking in mirrors. As a child, I’d frown, make funny faces and would see just how far I could cross my eyes. I inspected myself—the gap in my two front chompers, the length of my hair, the way my eyebrows almost met. As I grew up, I found myself []

Radical Self Care - When Life is Taking a Toll on Your Body

By: Olivia Pennelle

This week I have flown over 20,000 miles to attend my brother’s funeral. It has been heart breaking and I feel like a shell of my former self. I’ll never be the same again. I learned the true nature of my powerlessness and what I am able to control. The buck stops with me, []

Doodling to Distract - The "Art" of Visual Journaling

By:

In my blog post last week, I discussed the benefits of creating art in an art therapy context. This week, I want to talk a little bit about the benefits of creating art on your own. I started keeping a visual journal in college. It was assigned to me by my favorite professor, and []