Running Out of Time

Running Out of Time

How did I lose my time management skills?

286
Running Out of Time
@lillyoconnell1

I never could have imagined how different college life would be than high school. Sure, I thought the classes would be more difficult and that I would have to wash my own clothes, but I never anticipated how much I would struggle with time management. Throughout high school, I was an honor student taking a full load of courses, varsity high school athlete every season and I played club lacrosse year round. I was always able to keep my life in order and complete all of my assignments and never miss a game or meet. I figured I would have so much extra time, since I am not a collegiate athlete and I only attend classes so many hours a day. I forgot to take into account everything that was done for me on a normal basis. For instance, washing my clothes, preparing my food, etc. and basically having my whole day already pre planned for me. Here I am, over a month into school and I am still digging myself out of a whole with my classes and struggling with all of the online learning. I have found it takes a great deal longer to complete the assignments when you have to figure out the work yourself. I am used to easy access to my teachers, but Covid-19 has made that more difficult. I also thought there would be access to tutors for extra help, but they are obviously in short supply. I have obtained planning calendars from the Academic Success Center and tried to map out my class meetings, assignments, quizzes, projects, and tests. I have even added club activities to this schedule, because life cannot be all work. Hopefully this will put me on the path to success. I am sure there are other people in this same boat. The struggle of running out of time is real. I am just hoping that I can dig myself out of this hole!