There Is No Such Thing As 'Right Person, Bad Timing'

Take a chance on love despite the hole you're in, because if you don't, it was not timing that cheated you, but instead, the way you strived to manage your troubles.

226
Jessie James Decker

Everything happens for a reason. I do not believe in coincidences. I think that things happen the way they are destined to. When you look at and evaluate every experience you have had, every person you have met, and where you are now — it is a direct result of your actions and thoughts.

We have all heard the saying, "right person, bad timing." If you meet the "right person," then doesn't that make it good timing? Were you not destined to meet that person and every action and thought you had prior to meeting this person led to that moment?

Let's say you are at the mall. You get in line to purchase your clothing items at the same time as someone else, so you let them go in front of you. You leave the store and head to the food court. You wait in line to get pizza but then realized at the last second that you were actually craving Mexican food. You leave the pizza line and go get the food you want. After you have finished your meal, you decide to leave the mall, even though there was still one more store you wanted to check out. On your way out, you get to your car and put your bags in your trunk, but accidentally drop one. Someone walking by at that exact moment comes to help you with your bag... and the rest you can leave up to your imagination.

All your actions and thoughts led you to that exact moment in time for you to be destined to meet your person awaiting to help you with your bag. In reality, it's not a bag, it's actually life.

We've all been there where it seemed like life was not on our side and we were going through "bad times," but bad times don't last. Bad timing does not matter when you are with the right person, because life is suppose to be a journey experienced together, through good times and bad.

If you are waiting to make your life perfect and right so you can fall in love, you'll be waiting forever. You will never have it all together at all times, but that doesn't mean things won't get better either. That's just how life works. Life is always changing and if you have met the right person, then they will conform to these changes with you. Don't fight your destiny just because it's "bad timing" and you think you've dug a hole for yourself. You can't escape that alone. You'll either get a person for life or a lesson for life.