Right Now, I Am Sorry
Politics

Right Now, I Am Sorry

An apology to the ones who deserve it.

17
Right Now, I Am Sorry
Pexels.com

Right Now, I Am Sorry. I am at a loss for words. Ideas are being blocked, thoughts will not move from my head to my hands. Actions are delayed and emotions are high. Everything, for a lack of better words, is out of control, rapidly spiraling into one massive cluster of failure. I am going to avoid being caught by the twister of destruction. But I am not everyone, there will be the unlucky ones. Sadly, that will be the majority.

Right Now, I Am Sorry. To the women of this country please do not give up hope. I can promise you that not all men are sexist, not all men will disrespect your human rights, and not all men think that they are better than women. I will never be able to understand what it will be like to be a young girl in this country. All I want you to know is that I wish I could of saw this destruction coming. We will now have to be reactive instead of proactive which is concerning. I want to let you all know that there are some decent men out there but as you all know it’s going to take some searching.

Right Now, I Am Sorry. To the people who find love within the same sex, I will mourn with you. We did something great in the previous years, finally getting off of our pedestal, giving the basic human rights to all lovers. I can understand the fear that must be filling your eyes with tears. Seeing a man hold the title of Vice President of the free world and be the same man who fought for two people to be imprisoned for wanting to be in love. His ego and his religious beliefs could be the reason for jail sentences for the innocent. This is something that even brings tears to my eyes.

Right Now, I Am Sorry. To the people of color, please do not sink to their level, stand up and be proud of who you are. Racism is alive; we just gave it an IV and will be pumping life into it for the years to come. As a white male I want you to know that I am sorry for us white folks. Our skin color is blinding us from the cultural issues that continually arise from the backbone of our society. We are not all this ignorant, not even close to the man who will soon sit in the oval office. I’m on your side, I always will be. Equality is being demanded from the majority but we sit powerless due to a backwards system. I’m going to apologize in advance for the events that will come, for the locution that will be spoke, and for the regression that will occur.

Right Now, I Am Sorry. To everyone who feels that this world we live in has stripped them of their rights. Many of us have this feeling both left or right. I was feeling this for a moment and then began to think. We are all here for feeling, we are all here to interact with one another and to find happiness. Let’s stop asking what the system can do for us and what can we do for everyone else. My dad always says “It’s all about what you bring to the party.” Let’s start valuing feelings and passion then we will start finding a direction we all will want to search for. One day we will all realize this world is going to do what it wants to do regardless of what any of us think or say. We are just meat and bones floating through space on a cold rock. We need to start finding happiness within ourselves instead of relying on a system to do so. As of right now it's clear to say that we will not be able to rely on a government to get us through. So with that in mind, I’m going to do what I think everyone else should do; that is to rock on with my bad self and always keep searching for happiness in every action I take.