A Reminder For When You Feel Unloved

A Reminder For When You Feel Unloved

Your love is needed in this world.

146
A Reminder For When You Feel Unloved
Favim

You are a part of this world for a reason. Someone might need your generosity or your warm hugs. A stranger could need your bright smile when they’re having a tough day. Even if it’s not someone you directly or personally know, your presence on this Earth can effect anyone. That is also the down fall of the living; even if we want to be invisible, someone takes notice. Your presence or lack thereof is noted, whether by another person or a pet.

You are an important being, just like any person next to you. You have a right to feel what is aching your heart. You needn’t feel selfish or stupid. Those feelings appear because you’re hurting. And although someone might notice your physical presence, I’m sorry no one took notice of your pain.

For when you feel like giving in. For when you feel like things would work out better if you weren’t in their way. For when the world is giving you too many things to deal with at once. For when you think that no one could truly understand your situation, take these words and hold them dear to your heart. You are an entire being of love. You bog yourself down with the struggles of others while you keep barely afloat. Write your frustrations down on paper and rip them up to shreds. Please know that your aching heart just wants to get back to a state of pure happiness.

For years I couldn’t help even help myself by appreciating who I am. I was convinced that my time, presence, feelings, and thoughts didn’t matter. I am slowly getting to a place where I can stop those thoughts and encourage myself to think differently. For every negative thought, I force myself to think about five things I like in myself. If no one else can outwardly show me love, then I can depend on myself for that need.

I know that these words might seem clichéd or repetitive, but they bring a different meaning to each person. A kind word could be the one thing that saves someone. The true value of someone listening to your pain is indescribable. Please do not let anyone make you feel that your feelings are not worthy of being heard.

It can only take one person in a lifetime to knock you down, but I am fortunate enough to have loving friends and family who help me to lift the burden. Sometimes that person is yourself. I wasn’t sure at many times in my life if I would make it to the next step. But if at any point in your life you doubt how far you have made it, remind yourself of the people who inspire you. Remember the ones who have shown you kindness. Be that person for yourself and others. And if things don’t work out between you and another, send them well wishes and be on your way. You have bigger and brighter things in your future, and loving yourself is one of those.