Why You Need To Let Go

Why You Need To Let Go

Don't hold onto the past.

26
Why You Need To Let Go
blogging4everyone.info

Why is it so hard to let go? Why do we hold on to something that has died a long time ago? This is something that holds us back more than one can imagine. It hinders us the opportunity to move on and due to that, we miss valuable time and life that is waiting for us. I have spent most of my time trying to fix everything, I was so afraid that if I didn't let go of certain people and habits that I would be left alone but that is the farthest from the truth. The crazy thing is that we, as human beings, have the incredible power to be resilient and that till prove to come in handy later on. The biggest problem that I believe people have letting go is relationships. Its because relationships are such a huge investment and that's why some people have commitment issues and try so hard to salvage them when it seems to go wrong. As a sensitive person myself, I would easily do anything for anyone I cared about and it seemed betraying to me that they would not do the same. But that's reality. The truth is that not everyone is going to have your best interest at heart: not everyone is willing to make time for you and not everyone will love but that's okay. People do that but whether that affects you is a choice. I let people use me and walk all over me just to say that its my fault. I have apologized a billion times for other's insecurities and I am scarred from head to toe but this is it. No more. I am letting go, I am letting go of my 'friends' who made me cry until 3 am, I am letting go of the past that stopped me from embracing my future and most of all I let go of my fear. I am scared of being alone but who said that was a bad thing. Being alone allowed me to get to know myself and understand what was going to happen from then on. Life didn't scare me anymore and I left unwanted baggage on the side of the road and haven't looked back. I challenge you to go find those old photos that have bad memories and burn them because the only one holding you back is YOU.