I Regret Nothing

I Regret Nothing

"No regrets, just lessons learned."

20
I Regret Nothing
Mary Shows Up

Before I can begin, I need to tell you a story. Once upon a time I was accepted to my dream school. I had worked my butt off in high school in order to get into this college. Thrilled was an understatement. Not only was I getting the opportunity to pursue my dreams, but I was going to get to do it with my best friend by my side as she was also accepted. We prepared all summer long, planning our dorm room layout down to the very last detail. I ordered everything I needed. My summer was filled with hope, and I was living the dream.

Then, one sunny afternoon as I was packing my bag for the beach, I received a phone call, and little did I know that my life was about to change forever. I was told that my acceptance, the acceptance that I had literally planned my future around during that summer, was being revoked a little less than a month before classes began. Why? Because I didn't take a senior math class. Have you ever seen one of those movies where the main character is in slow motion but everyone and everything else around her is racing faster than our eyes can handle. That's exactly how I felt. My life was over in a second. It was too late to go to any of the other colleges that had accepted me. I gave my all to something I loved and it crushed me down to the core. After a period of denial, anger, and grief, I put my big girl pants on and signed up for classes at the local community college. I knew despite this hardship that I had to keep going. I just had to.

Now here I am, in a new town and at a new college that I love. Oh yeah, I also just happen to have beautiful, amazing, sassy twin baby girls. It's crazy how one thing can change your life so drastically. The point I think I am trying to make here is that I regret nothing about the past, and I truly believe that none of us should. We make choices every day, and with those choices come consequences both good and bad. Nonetheless, every choice is life changing. We can't change the past, no matter how hard we try. We just have to keep pushing forward in order to make the most out of today, and create a better tomorrow. Even when you think something that is happening in your life is terrible, it may not be. If I would have went to my dream college, I would have never met the love of my life. I would not be a very happy and very tired twin momma. Who knows where I would be right now? But honestly, I don't care. Live your life and trust that things are always working in your favor, even on sunny days when you're packing for the beach.