Dating Someone That Understands You Need Reassured Is Important

Dating Someone That Understands You Need Reassurance Is SO Important

This should be common knowledge.

6001
Brittany Creech

I feel like this is something that should just be common knowledge for everyone and shouldn't have to be said, but here it is anyway. I know so many people who are in relationships or who have been in relationships (myself included) where their partners weren't so great about giving reassurance.

One of my friends had a boyfriend who whenever she would make it known she might need some reassurance and kindly asked for that, he called her needy, clingy and said she was asking for too much.

Seriously?

Needing reassurance in a relationship is okay. It's not just okay, it's absolutely normal.

I know for a fact I need reassurance in my own relationship, it just is what it is.

It doesn't make you needy. It doesn't mean you're asking for too much. It doesn't mean you're super insecure.

Sometimes you just need a reminder that you're loved, or to be assured that you're still wanted, or that things are going to be okay if they've been rough lately for whatever reason.

Whenever I need reassurance, sometimes my boyfriend can just tell and he will do whatever he can to give it to me. Other times, it's not so obvious, and I need to let him know and kindly ask for it, and he gives it to me.

And I appreciate that so much. I also do whatever I can to give him the reassurance he needs.

We absolutely need to destroy the idea that needing reassurance is a bad thing, or makes someone needy.

This idea is quite honestly just ridiculous.

Everyone needs to be loved and needs to be reminded of that from time to time.

And there are so many different ways to give someone reassurance. Whether it's a hug, a kiss, telling them you love them, reminding them they're special, that you want them, the list goes on and on.

It can be a small gesture, a big gesture, or somewhere in between.

If you're dating someone who makes you feel like you're asking for too much by needing them to say a genuine sentence that takes approximately four seconds, you're probably dating the wrong person. You're not asking for too much, they're just doing too little. That's the bare minimum. Seriously, it's not that difficult.

I can't believe I even have to say this and there are people out there who won't even do something so simple and necessary in a relationship, but it's fine.