Seven Reasons to Keep Fighting When You Feel Like Giving Up

You are more than enough.

249
lightandhope.org

It's okay not to be okay. There will be times when you are extremely sad and won't have the energy to do anything, and that's okay. There will be times when you question your entire existence and ask yourself if you want to be here or not. I've been in that situation and at that moment in time, it's hard to believe in yourself. It's hard to believe that things will get better when you feel broken and feel like nothing can be fixed. During those times, remember that you have to keep going. Just because you're struggling doesn't mean that you aren't worthy of love or happiness. You are more than enough. Don't ever give up on life because there is only one you, and you deserve to live a life filled with happiness and laughter. I know it's hard to believe that the situation will ever get better or that the pain will go away, but you can get through the hard times. Here are some reasons why you should keep going when you feel like giving up.

1. You do make a difference.

Whether you believe it or not, you make a difference in the lives of others. You mean the world to someone, and this world wouldn't be the same without you.

2. You are worth it, and you are good enough.

Sometimes you can be your biggest bully, and tell yourself things about yourself that aren't true. You are good enough and you don't need to prove that to anyone. You are deserving of love and kindness.

3. You're stronger than you think you are.

You have the strength within you to keep going. You can handle whatever life throws at you and it is always okay to ask for help. Crying doesn't make you weak. Your feelings are valid and it's okay to be sad. Everything you've been through makes you who you are. You're still here and you are alive and I'm so proud of you for getting through another day.

4. You are loved.

Your family and friends care about you. Even though there may be times when you feel like no one cares, you are loved.

5. You are not alone.

You are never alone and there will always be someone who understands and someone that is willing to help. Even if you can't talk to someone you know, there are hotlines that you can call. Please don't suffer in silence because we are all here for you.

6. The pain will fade as time passes by.

This sounds cliché but, it's true. Even though the pain may not go away permanently, time will make the pain fade and there will be happier days when you will be able to smile again. You have to keep going because one day you will get to where you want to be. There is so much more you need to see and experience because life is beautiful.

7. You are beautiful, smart, amazing and no one can ever replace you.

We need you here. Please never give up. You made it this far already and I'm so proud of you. Keep going and keep fighting. Be proud of yourself because you are so strong and because you are one of a kind. You can make it through anything because you are a warrior.

The number for the National Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1-800-273-TALK.