8 Things To Be Excited About As You Return To PSU

Need a reason to be excited to go back to school? Well, here are eight.

10

School starts NEXT WEEK! Like most people, I am super excited to finally return to the happiest valley to ever exist! On the other hand, there is about 1% of students who may not be excited, but that's OK! I'm going to give you 8 reasons why you have every right to want to teleport to State College right this second. Whether you're starting your first year or entering your last, this list will apply to you!

Get excited for these eight things that we'll experience in state in a week:

1. Reuniting with your friends

For the veterans who have already completed your first year, get excited to see your out of state friends again! It's been months apart and if you're like me, you already have your crazy antics planned out for the first week. Nothing is sweeter than a reunion with your favorite people in the best place ever!

2. Penn State Football

This is an obvious reason to be excited, but like come on. ARE YOU READY FOR Penn State FOOTBALL? I know I am! I'm patiently counting down the days until I have a chicken basket in my hand, a pompom in the other, and am surrounded by cheering students at the beautiful Beaver Stadium. The freshmen are in for one big treat!

3. Pokey Stix

The ultimate drunk food! A Pokey Stix hangover will always be better than a real one, so never feel bad about eating a whole box yourself. You'll probably feel a lot better if you do. Freshmen, this is one food that is an absolute must to try within your first week!

4. The Willard Preacher

For those who are unaware, every single day, rain, snow or sun, the Willard preacher stands out of the Willard Building and yells at students walking by about sinning. It is very comical and a classic Penn State thing. Freshmen, get used to it, but don't take it to heart. He's harmless! Just there for the entertainment!

5. Bagel Crust

Once again, another food place, but also another must-have. There is nothing better strolling up to Bagel Crust's front door early Saturday morning in your sweats trying to get amazing food to recover in order to prepare yourself for another day out. Their apple juice is a must-try too!

6. THON

Although it isn't until the second semester, it is by far one of the best things I have ever experienced in Penn State. This inexplainable experience will change your life and brings the Penn State community together for the better. Fundraising is open, so check it out and get excited for THON 2020!

7. Pmans

This goes out to all my 21-year-olds. Pmans is calling for ya! The ultimate bar, besides Champs, of course, is yearning for the return of Penn State students. There is never a bad time there and the bouncers always stay cute, but don't fall in love with them!

8. Independence!

This mainly goes out to the freshmen, but also applies to the older kids. Nothing is better than the freedom. You can find this at any school away from home, but it hits different in Happy Valley. Get excited to finally be on your own with no rules and being surrounded by your friends 24/7. Nothing is better!