Reasons I Love Football Season

Reasons I Love Football Season

Love the game.

160
Reasons I Love Football Season
www.ndsu.edu

It's upon us once again: football season. The time of the year when all the sports-loving people like me spend all weekend gearing up to watch men tackle each other. It'll be the talk of my campus, for sure (having a defending five-time national championship football team kind of defines my college by now.) So in honor of the fact that I'm publishing this article the week after our first home game, I've decided to share some of the many reasons I'm excited for football season.

1. It brings people together

The way Fargo lights up for an NDSU football game is absolutely insane. The entire town decks out in green and gold. The Fargodome fills up, along with every sports bar. The town gets quiet as the game is played. And everyone you meet is geared up and ready to go. I've had more conversations with strangers about Bison football than I can count. And it's not just Fargo. It seems like anywhere you look, a beloved football team can be enough to pull an entire community together.

2. It's so fun to watch

This might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I absolutely love watching football. Sure, I love the fact that guys are tackling and blocking, but what I really love is the strategy. Watching the quarterback make an amazing play or a lineman make the perfect block, seeing a running back or receiver grab a crazy catch or run for what seems like endless yards- it's so much fun. Even if you're not watching a particularly great team or game, it's still cool to see the mechanisms of how the game works.

3. The stories that come with

I absolutely adore the stories that I've heard that stem from football games. The crazy antics of tailgating, the wild things that go on in the student section, the pregame and post-game fun- they all make for some really great memories. I myself have some stories from my time at football games (especially during college), and I've heard some hilarious and amazing tales from friends and family that just make me love the season even more. The memories are one of the best perks.

4. The people who go to games

Friends, family, and crazy fans make up a huge part the environment of a football stadium. And you can meet some of the coolest people during a game. I've seen people that I haven't gotten to connect with in a long time, family that love to share the tradition of football games with me and friends that show a whole new side of themselves during a game. Not to mention, crazy football fans can be some of the most fun people you can ever meet. Also some of the scariest at times, but it's well worth it.

5. The competition is fun

This definitely isn't an aspect of sports that everyone can appreciate, but I personally love the competition that comes with a football game. Being able to cheer hard for your school or team is fun, and some competition is healthy. A good football game is like a roller coaster: up and down, with feelings of ecstasy and excitement at every turn. And there's nothing like pulling off a win. The win isn't everything, but it's certainly a fun aspect of football.

These are just a few of the reasons I love football season. Feel free to comment some of your favorites!